DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3, 2018

DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3rd

J. Birney Crum Stadium

2027 Linden Street

Allentown, PA 18104

Results from the July 28 DCI Southeastern Championship presented by Lone Star Percussion determine the performance order for the upcoming DCI Eastern Classic for both Friday and Saturday nights in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Once seeded in score order on their respective night's of competition, corps were randomly drawn within groups of three (First through third, fourth through sixth, etc.).

All times ET and subject to change

STEP OFF    CORPS

6:00    Welcome and National Anthem

6:10    Cavalcade of Bands

6:27    Seattle Cascades

6:44    Pioneer

7:01    Music City

7:18    Troopers

7:35    Madison Scouts

7:52    Colts

8:09    Intermission

8:26    Mandarins

8:43    Phantom Regiment

9:00    Blue Stars

9:17    Blue Devils

9:34    Santa Clara Vanguard

9:51    Bluecoats

10:08  Exhibition - Cadets 2

10:33  Scores Announced

Edited by Barneveld

I'm looking to see SCV score around a 96.3

• Like 2

I'm terrible at math. Many years, some mathematically-estute person takes a few moments to figure out how much higher than the corps above them a corps would need to score at Allentown in order to move up a seeding spot for Prelims. I always appreciate that info, especially since it seems a few of those upsets always end up happening and a group DOES secure a higher seeding spot for Indy by virtue of their Allentown score. Anyone care to be that wonderful human this year? I, and I'm sure others, would be forever grateful!

I’m looking for great shows and great tailgating in Pineville 

26 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

I'm terrible at math. Many years, some mathematically-estute person takes a few moments to figure out how much higher than the corps above them a corps would need to score at Allentown in order to move up a seeding spot for Prelims. I always appreciate that info, especially since it seems a few of those upsets always end up happening and a group DOES secure a higher seeding spot for Indy by virtue of their Allentown score. Anyone care to be that wonderful human this year? I, and I'm sure others, would be forever grateful!

Any specific match-up you're looking at? The most significant one obviously would be Madison vs. Colts due to the coveted 15th spot to make it onto the broadcast. In that situation, Madison would need to beat Colts in Allentown by OVER 1.625 in order to make the broadcast. Oooh, which begs the question: what if Madison beats Colts by EXACTLY 1.625 in Allentown, therefore giving them the exact same average score and a tie for 15th seed? What happens with the broadcast?

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 2

Allentown is the last item on my "DCI Bucket List" and I'm going this year.  Any words of wisdom about what I should do, what I should avoid, etc?

1 minute ago, DeanInChicago said:

We've started a Allentown thread to fulfill your request.

I saw that ... perfect :)

27 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Allentown is the last item on my "DCI Bucket List" and I'm going this year.  Any words of wisdom about what I should do, what I should avoid, etc?

Best parking is in BACK of stadium (up top).

The hill starting from field level to the upper level is a beast (literally)...lol

The beautiful "park" which is HUGE has all the corps warming up...so that's a nice adventure if you like LOT stuff.

LOT's of restaurants to go to on Hamilton ave...Yocco's is a favorite (for a hot dog)

I like Golden Corral (all you can eat buffet).  It is downtown near the mall. 

Dorney park Wildwater kingdom is fun if you like amusement parks and water rides...

The diner in front of stadium is ALWAYS packed...expect to WAIT to be seated...

Don't get conned into paying for parking in certain areas..it is completely unnecessary.

Edited by Liahona
I'll copy to A-town thread

Hoping BD can maybe make a move at this one. This will be about a week after they’ve made major changes to the show 

• Like 6