DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3, 2018

3 hours ago, Jake W. said:

I'm terrible at math. Many years, some mathematically-estute person takes a few moments to figure out how much higher than the corps above them a corps would need to score at Allentown in order to move up a seeding spot for Prelims. I always appreciate that info, especially since it seems a few of those upsets always end up happening and a group DOES secure a higher seeding spot for Indy by virtue of their Allentown score. Anyone care to be that wonderful human this year? I, and I'm sure others, would be forever grateful!

This year few upsets will happen,  top three are set, top six are set, top nine are set, top twelve are set, top fifteen are set. Allentown will have no impact on prelim seeding.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

This year few upsets will happen,  top three are set, top six are set, top nine are set, top twelve are set, top fifteen are set. Allentown will have no impact on prelim seeding.

Such a buzz-kill. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

I disagree with that. Since prelims seeding is NOT a random draw and is based on the average of all three regionals (San Antonio, Atlanta, and Allentown), some of the close races literally come down to Allentown. A few that come to mind:

Boston vs. Cavies
San Antonio: Cavies over Boston by 0.162
Atlanta: Boston over Cavies by 0.025

Blue Stars vs. Blue Knights
San Antonio: BK over BS by 0.187
Atlanta: BS over BK by 0.325

Spirit vs. Academy
San Antonio: Academy over Spirit by 1.537
Atlanta: Spirit over Academy by 1.663

• Like 5

1 hour ago, brassboy said:

I disagree with that. Since prelims seeding is NOT a random draw and is based on the average of all three regionals (San Antonio, Atlanta, and Allentown), some of the close races literally come down to Allentown. A few that come to mind:

Boston vs. Cavies
San Antonio: Cavies over Boston by 0.162
Atlanta: Boston over Cavies by 0.025

Blue Stars vs. Blue Knights
San Antonio: BK over BS by 0.187
Atlanta: BS over BK by 0.325

Spirit vs. Academy
San Antonio: Academy over Spirit by 1.537
Atlanta: Spirit over Academy by 1.663

too bad that Blue Stars, Cadets and Blue Knights are not preforming on the same night in Allentown.  Would like to see them back to back.  Blue Stars seem to have a lot of momentum right now

Edited by brians

In Allentown never say never. That’s where Phantom 08 made their claim .

85 and 87 Cadets left for dead. Oops. 

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

In Allentown never say never. That’s where Phantom 08 made their claim .

85 and 87 Cadets left for dead. Oops. 

And from I recall, 27th Lancers were smokin' in 1980.  Perhaps a weekend too early.

Edited by Fran Haring

4 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

This year few upsets will happen,  top three are set, top six are set, top nine are set, top twelve are set, top fifteen are set.

This week's winning lottery numbers, please. :tongue:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

And from I recall, 27th Lancers were smokin' in 1980.  Perhaps a weekend too early.

Crossmen 91

• Like 2

So the weather forecast for Allentown both Friday AND Saturday is NOT looking good right now (90% chance of thunderstorms on Friday, 80% chance on Saturday). Has Allentown been cancelled before due to weather? If it does have to get cancelled, what do we suppose DCI will do in terms of Prelims seeding?

Edited by brassboy