DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3, 2018

Allentown weather from weather channel 

I hope it burns off and doesn't happen

temp     feels    Precipt    humid  

5:00 PM

FRI
Thunderstorms 80° 86°
75%
75% SSW 7 mph
6:00 PM

FRI
Thunderstorms 81° 86°
75%
72% SSW 7 mph
7:00 PM

FRI
Thunderstorms 78° 83°
80%
76% S 6 mph
8:00 PM

FRI
Thunderstorms 75° 80°
75%
84% S 6 mph
9:00 PM

FRI
Scattered Thunderstorms 74° 76°
60%
86% S 5 mph
10:00 PM

FRI
Scattered Thunderstorms 72° 75°
50%
94% S 4 mph
11:00 PM

FRI
Scattered Thunderstorms 72° 75°
40%
95% S 5 mph
Edited by awunderlich

On 7/31/2018 at 9:04 AM, Fran Haring said:

Watching 1980 finals on TV, I thought Bridgemen had won. They were on fire that night!!!

I was there and thought 27th had won, or maybe it just that I so much wanted them to win. And Bridgemen WERE on fire!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mfrontz said:

With the weather forecast the way it is the show coordinator better have a chopper on standby

turf now, drains really well. no need.

On 7/31/2018 at 3:40 AM, brassboy said:

So the weather forecast for Allentown both Friday AND Saturday is NOT looking good right now (90% chance of thunderstorms on Friday, 80% chance on Saturday). Has Allentown been cancelled before due to weather? If it does have to get cancelled, what do we suppose DCI will do in terms of Prelims seeding?

I’m really curious because the weather’s not looking good for Friday night, but Saturday night is looking OK. So how will corps get seeded if Friday night gets cancelled but not Saturday?

In extreme cases like weather and illness, DCI usually takes the highest score earned prior to a regional as part the seeding score for Prelims, such as when the Cavaliers had to miss Atlanta in 2015. But because of the number of rainouts this week, I think DCI should use scores from the shows after Allentown to determine their (the corps slated to perform Friday night) seeding score for Prelims.