DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3, 2018

What about a contingency plan where the Fri. rained out corp go on Sat. afternoon.  Then go to their next housing site?

I really want to hear something from DCI about how these corps that didn't get scored will be seeded for Prelims.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Ok, well do your research Flo team, but whatever score Music City reaches, the highest score for a first year World Class has to be Star ‘85...

True. 85.5 for Star that year, a little more than a point higher than our (Cascades) 2002 entry into div.1 score of 84.05. Still the only two corps to make finals their first year in Division 1/World Class.

Edited by Pizazzman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BlueStarsDad said:

$600 in plane tickets, $400 for the hotel, $125 for the rental car, $50 in tickets ... getting to hug your daughter in the lot instead of seeing her perform in Allentown ... priceless.  OK , not really, but it is what it is.  I can now cross Allentown off my Drum Corps bucket list.  I can honestly say that I got misty eyed walking into the stadium.  Tomorrow night should be fun.

Everyone should go once.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

No thanks.  It reminds me too much of Wayne and Garth in mom’s basement in Aurora, Illinois.  Schwing! 

Are they your neighbors?

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Everyone should go once.  

I wish it had turned out different ... but I'm very happy I came.  My wife now wants to come next year for my daughter's age out year.

But I do have to say, the streets in Allentown are not the best ... OK, they suck.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

What about a contingency plan where the Fri. rained out corp go on Sat. afternoon.  Then go to their next housing site?

Problem is most of them would need a housing site for tonight in Allentown. Housing is already scarce near there.