DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3, 2018

20 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Of course, the rainout has to be the night of the top 3 corps. Bummer. Vanguard will have tomorrow, Sunday and Monday to get ready for the Massillon show Monday night, then Tuesday, Wed, and Thursday, before the Prelims Thurs. night.

Bluecoats only have tomorrow then show Sunday and Monday. After that, same as Vanguard. So off the Buffalo for the Bloo and BD. Speaking of BD, one more show Sunday and will have Mon-Thurs to get ready.

6 HOURS+ ride to Buffalo vs 6-7 to Massillon for SCV, at least its on the way to Indy. Bloo and BD go north and then back. 

Ouch!!! That’s a bus ride I wouldn’t want. 

Does anyone know how many times Allentown has been rained out?

5 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

$600 in plane tickets, $400 for the hotel, $125 for the rental car, $50 in tickets ... getting to hug your daughter in the lot instead of seeing her perform in Allentown ... priceless.  OK , not really, but it is what it is.  I can now cross Allentown off my Drum Corps bucket list.  I can honestly say that I got misty eyed walking into the stadium.  Tomorrow night should be fun.

I admire your grasp of the silver lining here. 

Allentown is still on my bucket list.  Dunno, maybe I'll consult the farmer's almanac before picking a year?  Unlikely my grandchildren will ever march, being that I don't yet have any, so it's wide open!

• Like 1

FYI ... I'm sitting in my hotel room and I can not see the building next door because of how hard it is raining.  It would have been a mess if a corps was on the field during this deluge of Biblical proportions 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, MelloNell said:

Woo hoo!  Colts win Allentown!

Two night show counted as same show...but win for fri night :-)

Just now, Liahona said:

Two night show counted as same show...but win for fri night :-)

I love the Colts this year (even with the excessive vocals) ... let 'em enjoy the win :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

FYI ... I'm sitting in my hotel room and I can not see the building next door because of how hard it is raining.  It would have been a mess if a corps was on the field during this deluge of Biblical proportions 

I saw it coming on radar.  I was thinking for the love of God, stop this show. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexL said:

Problem is most of them would need a housing site for tonight in Allentown. Housing is already scarce near there.

Doesn't seem that hard to do.  A lot going on in the area schools on a Fri. night in early August, in the schools they are already in?  Are the Sat. corps in alternate sites?

7 minutes ago, pbeau said:

So disappointing I will not see SCV live this season.    

Neither will I (they're not coming to Buffalo).

5 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Doesn't seem that hard to do.  A lot going on in the area schools on a Fri. night in early August, in the schools they are already in?  Are the Sat. corps in alternate sites?

Saturday corps are moving in some of the same sites that Friday corps used.

• Thanks 1