DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3, 2018

6 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

I realize Met Life Stadium has been brought up about the possibility of hosting a regional.  Is the area around the stadium (30-mile radius) safe for corps to stay?  Are there enough schools in the area that would be willing to host schools?

For the corps, it doesn't really matter because it's not uncommon to see them staying 1-1.5 hours away from the show site, occasionally even in a different state.

The bigger concern would have to be the fans who could be staying closeby. I've stayed in a hotel near the stadium before and it wasn't too bad, but I was only there for a short time with a large group, so I don't know the surrounding area that well.

18 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Looks like it -- I'm just going by the SA & ATL average. 

I thought I read some where that the Blue Devils as defending champs have  the option to go on last at prelims.   I could be wrong on that point.

13 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

I thought I read some where that the Blue Devils as defending champs have  the option to go on last at prelims.   I could be wrong on that point.

I thought they stopped that practice a little while ago. I may be wrong though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Years ago, the defending champion could choose to go on last at finals.  That ended.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brassboy said:

The Bluecoats were the last corps to perform at Prelims in 2016 when BD was the defending champion, so I assume the practice has been stopped.

49 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

I realize Met Life Stadium has been brought up about the possibility of hosting a regional.  Is the area around the stadium (30-mile radius) safe for corps to stay?  Are there enough schools in the area that would be willing to host schools?

Of course, it's a perfectly safe region for spectators and corps. Not like the corps would all be that close to the stadium, anyway.

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Neither will I (they're not coming to Buffalo).

So glad I saw them live in Chester

1 hour ago, afd said:

Probably the top 3 at finals not being scored tonight. I think BD has one more show in Buffalo. It really does not look that wet but again everything is now electronic so makes a huge difference in cancellations. Now I have no plans Friday night. It’s 630 in SF and nothing to do. Maybe I’ll go see the Tom cruise movie. 

I was driving back to my hotel and there was a major downpour and seeing the cars in front of me was difficult. This was about 20 minutes after leaving the stadium. There was another downpour about ten minutes later. The show would have been still in progress if it had not been cancelled. There were also a few small puddles on the field. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Liahona said:

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Neither will I (they're not coming to Buffalo).

So glad I saw them live in Chester

Keeping my fingers crossed for Monday in Massillon...looking forward to meeting the DCPers who attend...

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1