DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3, 2018

13 minutes ago, fishindoog said:

This was from yesterday at 5:10 pm. around the Bethlehem/Nazareth area.

If you left that car in place, bet it doesn't look like a Buick.

13 hours ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

If only DCI would actually move west.  Rainouts don’t happen in California in the summer.   

West coast is the best coast.  

I agree. We now have huge modern stadiums to fill shows. Levi stadium. Seattle area and the new stadium LA is building for the Rams. No reason not to tour the west in a few years. Change the boring tours they do. No more hot Texas tours right in the middle of a heatwave. Today the high in LA is low to mid eighties, no rain. In the Bay Area it’s 72 in SF and 82 in Silicon Valley. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fishindoog said:

This was from yesterday at 5:10 pm. around the Bethlehem/Nazareth area.

38289097_1783085545118591_26345979737611

This reminds me of those storm chaser folks....haha

It was nasty...especially when cars on other side of barrier were throwing so much water on my windshield that even with wipers full blast I couldnt see a thing for like what seemed to be an eternity...it was a bit disconcerting to say the least...

44 minutes ago, afd said:

I agree. We now have huge modern stadiums to fill shows. Levi stadium. Seattle area and the new stadium LA is building for the Rams. No reason not to tour the west in a few years. Change the boring tours they do. No more hot Texas tours right in the middle of a heatwave. Today the high in LA is low to mid eighties, no rain. In the Bay Area it’s 72 in SF and 82 in Silicon Valley. 

Bring it on. I know of drum corps fans from the east that take in the early west coast leg most every year. I did, my California projects were never neglected in early spring. BD had a big impact on how well their Cable TV worked when they were performing in California.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

2 hours ago, BDCorno said:

BD's souvenir booth and product got destroyed in the storm last night. They're assessing the damage now, hope they can get replacements in less than a week. Wonder if there were other groups that had similar issues.

They needed to close tent...BAC was the only one that did with that type setup from what I could see last night...

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

This reminds me of those storm chaser folks....haha

It was nasty...especially when cars on other side of barrier were throwing so much water on my windshield that even with wipers full blast I couldnt see a thing for like what seemed to be an eternity...it was a bit disconcerting to say the least...

This wasn't my personal photo, it was on a buddies Facebook page who lives in that area.

1 minute ago, fishindoog said:

This wasn't my personal photo, it was on a buddies Facebook page who lives in that area.

Ahhhh...its a great photo though...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brassboy said:

Just heard that the rain destroyed Mandarins’ mixing board last night. I hope their DCI Giving Challenge went well because they could use the money now for an immediate replacement. 

Big $$$$$ i'd imagine....

Edited by Liahona