DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3, 2018

4 hours ago, BDCorno said:

BD's souvenir booth and product got destroyed in the storm last night. They're assessing the damage now, hope they can get replacements in less than a week. Wonder if there were other groups that had similar issues.

Update: after assessing the damage, looks as if the tent took some damage but is being repaired. There is some water damage (imagine that) as well, but overall it's not as bad as first feared. They're apparently back up and running. Good news!

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

Update: after assessing the damage, looks as if the tent took some damage but is being repaired. There is some water damage (imagine that) as well, but overall it's not as bad as first feared. They're apparently back up and running. Good news!

Great to hear...

19 hours ago, Ghost said:

About time you showed up!

Can I please have a little slack :-)...I seem to always have bad luck getting to this fri show on-time...lol...massive delay to cross the tappan zee bridge....so I tried heading south to cross geoge wahington bridge but there was auto accident...so what should have taken 2 1/2 hours...took me 4 1/2...couldnt leave earlier...drove from boston 3 hours in am same day..got home 1030am ish...had 1pm meeting that lasted till 2pm....grrrr

Edited by Liahona

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

I saw a cow flying through the air with a Blue Devils shirt on...

That has to be a three point penalty.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Liahona said:

This is one of the cheaper shows. C'mon now, you want a raincheck date? You can't be serious. It would never work logistically with the corps. Housing is already problematic in many situations. This is first rainout I recall over decades comimg here.

While I think some sort of rain insurance would be  nice, it would probably not be practical to show promoter who would already be taking a loss. That said, this show is promoted by DCI.

I am absolutely serious.   There used to rain dates for shows.   Do it at least for non dome regionals and finals, which now is only Allentown, or for shows with attendance numbers over a certain amount..  Simple, just build it into the schedule.  For housing, negotiate by pointing out if the show is moved, the big bucks the area would be losing in hotel stays, meals, gas, etc. I'm sure there are many areas that would love to get that drum corps fan money into their local economy.   If there is no rain, the corps get a practice day,  which would have been a little later in the schedule anyway.

I'm surprised that you would be against this, after all the miles you drove to attend 2 rain outs in 2 days.  This would benefit people like you.  Not much of a big deal for me.  I spent very little (the cost of flo for month) on that show, no driving to my warm dry living room.

1 minute ago, 27Socal said:

I am absolutely serious.   There used to rain dates for shows.   Do it at least for non dome regionals and finals, which now is only Allentown, or for shows with attendance numbers over a certain amount..  Simple, just build it into the schedule.  For housing, negotiate by pointing out if the show is moved, the big bucks the area would be losing in hotel stays, meals, gas, etc. I'm sure there are many areas that would love to get that drum corps fan money into their local economy.   If there is no rain, the corps get a practice day,  which would have been a little later in the schedule anyway.

I'm surprised that you would be against this, after all the miles you drove to attend 2 rain outs in 2 days.  This would benefit people like you.  Not much of a big deal for me.  I spent very little (the cost of flo for month) on that show, no driving to my warm dry living room.

Yeah but the big toc show in buffalo is sunday

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

Yeah but the big toc show in buffalo is sunday

Just move it a day later in the future.  Advanced planning is not a bad thing.

11 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

I'm not opposed on face value to your idea...I just don't see it working is all...

Honestly I love BAC so much I'd drive the same distance just to see them..

I'm a bit nuts...Can't you tell?...lol I'll hop on the train 45 minute commute to NYC Manhattan just to have a single slice of cheesecake and then go home....lol...and no I'm not rich...my car is turning 25 in January...lol

Edited by Liahona