DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3, 2018

I like their dragon eye flags. ####, there goes Flo.

6 minutes ago, MusicalFrog said:

Train will arrive in about 15 minutes.

But will we be able to hear it coming?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Used to be garbage sound and wireless electronics always failed. Thought someone said it had to do with the location and something screwed it up. Plus the stadiums old. JBC while historical does nothing for viewers. Where the TOC shows are is way better and can support a one day regional. Let JBC have the early season show and let it end there. 

I tend to agree.  I went for 20+ years but stopped a few years back.  It's simply too uncomfortable and I stopped enjoying it.  Just saying, there was a relatively recent time where they didn't even have a broadband connection in the pressbox.  JBC is one of those things that oldtimers tend to view with nostalgia, like marching 5 mile parades, now that we no longer have to do them :-)

Just now, FLBuzcut said:

But will we be able to hear it coming?

No. But you'll be able to hear a bunch of crackling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Phillygwm said:

I tend to agree.  I went for 20+ years but stopped a few years back.  It's simply too uncomfortable and I stopped enjoying it.  Just saying, there was a relatively recent time where they didn't even have a broadband connection in the pressbox.  JBC is one of those things that oldtimers tend to view with nostalgia, like marching 5 mile parades, now that we no longer have to do them :-)

And can be quite expensive 

Why is it that cameramen can miss all highlights in a show, but be right there for a rifle drop?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MelloNell said:

Why is it that cameramen can miss all highlights in a show, but be right there for a rifle drop?

Flo is just THAT good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3