DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3, 2018

3 hours ago, brassboy said:

So the weather forecast for Allentown both Friday AND Saturday is NOT looking good right now (90% chance of thunderstorms on Friday, 80% chance on Saturday). Has Allentown been cancelled before due to weather? If it does have to get cancelled, what do we suppose DCI will do in terms of Prelims seeding?

For Friday evening, Accuweather is saying 9% chance of rain (around 50% during the day). Sounds good at this point.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brassboy said:

So the weather forecast for Allentown both Friday AND Saturday is NOT looking good right now (90% chance of thunderstorms on Friday, 80% chance on Saturday). Has Allentown been cancelled before due to weather? If it does have to get cancelled, what do we suppose DCI will do in terms of Prelims seeding?

My wife and I have been going  for around 25 years.

Don't ever remember a show being canceled.

But there were years where they pushed back the starting times and/or had long 

weather delays.

• Thanks 1

Hope to see Boston move up.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 8:36 PM, Fran Haring said:

And from I recall, 27th Lancers were smokin' in 1980.  Perhaps a weekend too early.

I know folks who saw BD and 27th live at CYO Nationals, Allentown, and Finals in Birmingham. Some of them claimed BD’s best performance of the year was CYO, 27th’s was Allentown, and neither had their best show at finals. 

• Like 2

I think the Boston/Cavies matchup is must-see DC. And the top 3 - with BD not on top, anything can happen. And the fight for the 12th place spot will be tight as well. Let's all send good vibes for good weather!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I know folks who saw BD and 27th live at CYO Nationals, Allentown, and Finals in Birmingham. Some of them claimed BD’s best performance of the year was CYO, 27th’s was Allentown, and neither had their best show at finals. 

Watching 1980 finals on TV, I thought Bridgemen had won. They were on fire that night!!!

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 6:17 PM, dcifanforlife said:

This year few upsets will happen,  top three are set, top six are set, top nine are set, top twelve are set, top fifteen are set. Allentown will have no impact on prelim seeding.

I assume you've run all the numbers. I started on this yesterday, but IMO you have to make a lot of assumptions and there are a TON of variables to account for.

I'd love to see your calcs.  Thx!