Barneveld

DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3, 2018

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Doesn't seem that hard to do.  A lot going on in the area schools on a Fri. night in early August, in the schools they are already in?  Are the Sat. corps in alternate sites?

Its extremely hard to do. Just because there isnt much going on for the schools doesnt mean that every school wants to host a drum corps. And plenty of places don't want to. Hell, i think in 07 I was driving and we got our housing site while en route to Allentown.

A few of the corps already didn't have housing until just a couple days ago. And ome of the sites flip out corps- so one comes, rehearses friday, goes to perform, then another corps comes and takes the site later that night for the next day.

Finding another dozen housing sites on the contingency that some might need to stay around for saturday is not a reasonable proposition.

 

Edited by AlexL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Doesn't seem that hard to do.  A lot going on in the area schools on a Fri. night in early August, in the schools they are already in?  Are the Sat. corps in alternate sites?

Don't say that until you have tried to arrange housing at the last minute, even just for a second night in the same place. Trust me, it's a nightmare generally. We had to stay an extra night in Allentown last year because of a bus issue and even though we were really fortunate that the school/district allowed us to stay, it was not a simple thing by any means. Also, I think we weren't allowed to use the practice field the next day.  Aside from just the housing site availability, it also affects the drive the following night and could create a situation that the drivers are unable to do. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Doesn't seem that hard to do.  A lot going on in the area schools on a Fri. night in early August, in the schools they are already in?  Are the Sat. corps in alternate sites?

I'm thinking the corps would hate to lose the practice day.  The Saturday night corps got all of Friday to practice ... if the Friday night corps had to hang around, they would lose a practice day.  But having just missed the top 6 corps on my first trip to Allentown, I wish they could figure something out (just make it a one day contest for crying out loud ... OK, that's probably sacrilege).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Cop said:

Madison will end the season with an 81.00

Not!  They had an 81.275 tonight, a show in Buffalo on Sunday, and prelims on next Thursday. (They're having a tough season, no need to type comments like that LEO.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official word per Jeff Griffith is that Allentown won’t be used for Prelims seeding. The averages from San Antonio and Atlanta scores will be used to determine prelims order. 

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brassboy said:

Official word per Jeff Griffith is that Allentown won’t be used for Prelims seeding. The averages from San Antonio and Atlanta scores will be used to determine prelims order. 

So Boston will have to overcome a minor hurdle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Official word per Jeff Griffith is that Allentown won’t be used for Prelims seeding. The averages from San Antonio and Atlanta scores will be used to determine prelims order. 

So then this is our order?
 

Santa Clara Vanguard: 0.000

Blue Devils: +1.775

Bluecoats: +0.775

Carolina Crown: +1.838

The Cavaliers: +3.275

Boston Crusaders: +0.138

The Cadets: +4.900

Blue Stars: +3.063

Blue Knights: +0.138

Phantom Regiment: +1.750

Mandarins: +1.650

Crossmen: +2.113

Spirit of Atlanta: +3.263

The Academy: +0.125

Colts: +3.075

Madison Scouts: 1.625

Troopers: +2.363

Pacific Crest: +5.663

Music City: +4.275

Oregon Crusaders: +1.613

Genesis: +3.538

Seattle Cascades: +5.100

Jersey Surf: +1.425

Pioneer: +9.200

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

So then this is our order?
 

Santa Clara Vanguard: 0.000

Blue Devils: +1.775

Bluecoats: +0.775

Carolina Crown: +1.838

The Cavaliers: +3.275

Boston Crusaders: +0.138

The Cadets: +4.900

Blue Stars: +3.063

Blue Knights: +0.138

Phantom Regiment: +1.750

Mandarins: +1.650

Crossmen: +2.113

Spirit of Atlanta: +3.263

The Academy: +0.125

Colts: +3.075

Madison Scouts: 1.625

Troopers: +2.363

Pacific Crest: +5.663

Music City: +4.275

Oregon Crusaders: +1.613

Genesis: +3.538

Seattle Cascades: +5.100

Jersey Surf: +1.425

Pioneer: +9.200

Looks like it -- I'm just going by the SA & ATL average. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Madison won’t make the cinecast.   Dang!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.