DCI Eastern Classic – Saturday, August 4, 2018

Spinny Color! 

Also, musically that seems to end...abruptly and un resolved.

I freaking love this show. Regret not seeing earlier.  I hope the dip in scores/placement this year does not discourage the direction they have been taking.  I think what they are doing is incredible and I hope they continue down this path.  Musicality is amazing.  Visually, a little sloppy compared to their peers.  Wow.  Can't wait to see it on Finals night.

• Like 4

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

Still weird. Love the show overall though.

I feel as though Crossmen could have had a more challenging show. There are long stretches where they don’t really do much of anything. I know it’s tough when you are losing kids every year to higher placing corps, but they should be shooting for the top six, not the top 12.

i do dig the uniforms!

I've had FloMarching for the whole season.  Seeing all the corps from the viewpoint of the people in the stands (I don't pay much attention to the close-up cameras), I often can't understand what the judges are seeing and hearing - that I'm not.  I don't understand why there are field judges.  Even "America's Got Talent" judges aren't up on the stage, walking around, looking at everyone from every angle.  Broadway shows that win the Tony awards weren't judged from the stage. 

Seems to me the most equitable judging where they see and hear what "The People" are seeing and hearing would be to put all of the judges in the stands, spread out from side to side but up toward the top - the view that we get from the High Cam.  Puzzling.

5 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Spirit, Academy, and Bones are all so good to be fighting for the last finals spot.

Cesario proposed a 15 corps finals but was voted down.  Perhaps we should consider it again or 14.  I know it would make for a longer evening but it would have been nice in 2017 to see Mandarins "Inside the Ink" and Academy "By a Hare"  and this year's corps also.