DCI Eastern Classic – Saturday, August 4, 2018

Wow.... I hoped to of been there too! Thank you all for the kind posts too (rough day at work). I actually needed that! Again... GO CAVIES!!! Keep kicking butt and keep growing in those scores!!!! As a true fan, keepworking hard!

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Basically the guy on the panel, didn't catch the name, said that as an all male corps, the Cavaliers have something up their sleeve for finals week because the fact that they're all male means the staff can push them harder than normal

does anyone know who the flo show panelists are? The woman is vaguely familiar... time keeper? judge?

I’m ensconced in my hotel after a full night of great drum corps.

Top to bottom, there’s something to appreciate in every corps’ show.  What a year  

There was a discussion recently about non-responsive crowds.  That’s not the case where I sat in Section Q.  People applauded for every corps.  The only negative I saw was how the occupants of some seats in my row only showed up for their corps and left after that corps finished.

I think I will enjoy semis the most this year. There are some really good corps that won't be in finals and deserve to be seen and heard. 

Last, I’ll say, “Cavies or Boston?  Do we really have to choose?  They are both very entertaining.”

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Not everyone knows morse code ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

IT'S NOT MORSE CODE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, HouserCD said:

A congratulations to Crowns Percussion staff and performers, a 9.6 in content and a 9.5 in achievement for a 19.1 in percussion.

They’ve come a long way

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

IT'S NOT MORSE CODE!

did Morse invent it? Wonder what his first name was or wait, what if he is a she... and her name is Dot!

10 minutes ago, tedrick said:

does anyone know who the flo show panelists are? The woman is vaguely familiar... time keeper? judge?

She said she was a pit tech at Crossmen at one point.

Just now, skevinp said:

Samuel Morse.  His wife's name was dot.  She thought he was quite dashing.

poetic license... you stole my thunder!