NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

I will acquiesce and say Crown is a solid 4th place, but I still believe that Bloo should be beating BD. They have a better product and are visually cleaner

• Like 4

Why isn’t Crown doing the encore at their home show?

3 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

...at the end of the opener is that a Beast form? I see ears and the guard fills in a nose? but it is rather teddy bearish imo… I also see the same gestures and bodywork that doesn't quite reach beastmode. Just lacking something...

I was going to ask the same question. Does the show progress from teddy to beast??

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I tried giving it a few more chances over the course of the offseason as I tend to do with most shows (I went from really disliking most BD shows when I first started following DCI to loving all of them, believe it or not), but I just could not get into it. It had the things that annoy me about some Crown shows (unmusical runs and unnecessary technical passages) and added poorly integrated (imo) singing. The singer herself was fantastic though, great voice. 

Agree with all of this. It’s a hard show to get into. I really just didn’t like the musical selections after the ballad

Got home late from running and walking the dogs and only saw the last four.

SCV - that was #### near finals worthy

Coats - small changes have greatly increased the clarity and will get you more credit for the content.  GE was awesome as usual

BD - I want to love it and you are awesome in every section.  Best use of hair.  Program is too disjointed and forced for my liking

Crown - From now to finals clean feet and drill...that is it

• Like 1

Just now, POSITIVenrgy said:

I was going to ask the same question. Does the show progress from teddy to beast??

That would explain the ballad 

1.  93.750 -- Santa Clara Vanguard

2.  93.175 -- Blue Devils

3.  91.625 -- Bluecoats

4.  91.550 -- Carolina Crown

5.  90.350 -- Boston Crusaders

6.  88.900 -- Cavaliers

7.  85.700 -- Cadets

8.  83.450 -- Phantom Regiment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1