NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

3 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

1 minute ago, snare_guy_83 said:

Bloo and Crown tie in GE. That's laughable.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Yes... Crown should be up by at least half a point...

you must be confused. the correct spread is the 0.625 in Atlanta or 0.85 in Murfreesboro.

crown is great musically but are at best 5th

visually and have gross lizard uniforms.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pistolpete said:

Congratulations to BAC guard on moving up to 2nd.

Haven't looked yet but BD rifles had a rough run. 

6 minutes ago, bluesman said:

Same here.  Bluecoats must not be barking enough for the judges.  They have one of the most beautiful quiet moments in any show that I've seen in years.  

I think they are barking too loud, all sections fired up at once the entire show. A drill with no respite for the MMs. 100% MM participation no hiding behind props or throwing long senseless lobs with their cages or furniture aimlessly pushing them across the field to get ready for the next act.

6 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Could you imagine if Phantom and Madison both fell out and we had 2 corps that werent in finals last year in?  I dont remember the last time that happened.

Couldn't we have that without Phantom falling out? If spirit takes over Crossmen, the same will happen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

2007 is one of my favorite Crown shows of all time. So musical

You should have heard it in the early season, before they messed with William Tell. They played the whole thing facing front field, no narration. It was glorious. 

1 minute ago, whitedj2002 said:

well, maybe if they moved or tilted of did something  ANYTHING  they would make more sense. Agreed they have bigger problems but they irk me. If they move it might be checkmate, idgaf they are staying in 4th...just sayin...

.075 difference between them and 3rd.  I dont think thats it.

• Like 2

Enjoyed the show. First trip to NightBeat.

SCV rocked.Just started laughing at that first brass hit. One a whole other level. It is theirs to lose imo.

BD and Bloo are closer than scores would indicate. Thought Bloo had an off night energy-wise. BD’s soloists are  amazing in person.

Crown’s really polished musically. Visually the drill doesn’t do much. But they’re cleaner musically than just about anyone, save SCV, and really max out their show. That brass chord at the end of the ballad...wow.

BAC had the best “show” start to finish. The wave effect is freaking awesome. Fun to watch. Loud. And their drill is very effective; great feet throughout. Favorite show of the night.

Cavies started strong out of the gate but they are in trouble. Seem to be a lot of balance issues in the second movement. And the ending just drags. Kills literally all momentum. It’s not working. This is a good corps performing a show badly in need of a rewrite. Two weeks to do it.

Overall, awesome night, huge crowd, perfect weather, and great venue.

Edited by PCEP00
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Nice job, Boston! Now 5 points ahead of Cadets, put up a spread on the Cavies, and continuing to gain on Crown and Bloo.  But we do need someone to tell us again....WHICH if these results are "aberrations" again?

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

These scores are crap. No way BD is that close to SCV and they should be behind Bloo. I have no idea why Cavies haven't broken 90 and the spread between phantom and cadets is way to close.

BD is clearly better than Bluecoats. That's why they are beating them. They have a better guard, better visual scores, GE that can complete with Blook, and a better drumline. I still don't get all the hype about Bluecoats show. It's a great show, but both BD and SCV have better shows, and that is showing in the marks. There's no conspiracy. The spread between Regiment and Cadets are where it should be. The Cadets are far superior. They beat Regiment in every caption, as it should be.