NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t think I’m like that. 

Pretty sure I am not like that either.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Pretty sure I am not like that either.

I saw a lot of people jumping on each other last night.  I just want to enjoy the show.  I’m at an age where I don’t fret about things I absolutely can’t change.  There are so many other things that I can try to change, or at least try by talking about them. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t think I’m like that. 

You both aren't like that at all! You have some of the best comments to make on these forums. Across all groups.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I saw a lot of people jumping on each other last night.  I just want to enjoy the show.  I’m at an age where I don’t fret about things I absolutely can’t change.  There are so many other things that I can try to change, or at least try by talking about them. 

I am totally with you.

• Like 1

There is known bias in the judging for years.  It would be very interesting to review a judge regardless of caption and see who they rank over the years (how many times has BD won???).  Stone, Torchia, Chumley, Giese are just a few names worth looking at, maybe GO as well.  I have been watching the shows develop since Stanford.  This last weekend it was obvious that BD has been working some changes. My biggest complaint is there are still obvious transitions like when they pull off the window covers, and the guard just runs off after a major statement around the back of the set and new prop placement that mask the featured sections.  And yet they are still in the top 3. Most impressed with the complete show arc that BAC has going, awesome  job, no brain damage to try and figure out what the concept is. MG with the SCV show is back to his seamless transitions and this show is constantly moving, pacing 101.

Once again my complaint is not with the performers, its with the evaluation and reward that is given by the judges.  Seems to be a disconnect on the content/repertoire.

Edited by Standing O
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I just don't get the point of attacking people because of not liking a particular show or design choice or what not. It clearly isn't our choice to make how the staff makes a show, and they don't need someone on here to tell them how to design a show. People just need to appreciate the shows for what they are: entertainment. If you get so caught up in one little detail, score, or placement, that you are no longer entertained, then you have no hope of finding the positive and exciting things that each show has to offer. Do I love seeing SCV win? Absolutely. But the other shows have elements and parts that I love just as much. How cool is it that BD recreates a WHOLE PAINTING on the field? What about bluecoats having a killer singer? There are so many great things going on this season. People need to step back and just enjoy the ride like the performers are.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PCEP00 said:

Cavies started strong out of the gate but they are in trouble. Seem to be a lot of balance issues in the second movement. And the ending just drags. 

15 hours ago, PCEP00 said:

So you’re saying they should ditch the dresses?

15 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Hats off tonite to the Cadets. Missing 16 marchers, holes everywhere, thats a daunting task. But they never pulled out of the show. They pushed thru it all. No quit in them tonite, and those that were healthy in their Corps, or at least somewhat healthy, went out there and competed and performed for the audience, no matter what. Some of us notice these things. And  we tip the hat to the 110% effort the Cadet Corps gave out there tonite under such trying circumstances. Some " wins " arn't found in the scores. Tonite... with the Cadets... is an example of such.

When the announcer asked “Is the Corps ready?”, I wanted the Drum Major to turn around do the “so-so” wave of the hand while shrugging. :)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Unfortunately those little things are never put to words. They are always awake and always around but can't be explained. I don't buy it, there is some kind of mojo at play. I can care less who win or loses at dci the same as I don't care who wins Family Feud. It's all a game MMs & fans are just players but we're not tools that buy into any of this. What you don't see is in white font I have fake all over the place you know those little things you can't see.  fake fake fake

There be some sports are painful, and their labor delight in them sets off. Some kind of baseness are nobly undergone, and most poor tasks point to rich ends.

• Like 1