NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

26 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

She was actually selected at Family Day.

Edit:  @Chief Guns beat me to it. Here's a video about it.

Right, but she didn’t march a majority of the season is what I meant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Standing O said:

Once again my complaint is not with the performers, its with the evaluation and reward that is given by the judges.  Seems to be a disconnect on the content/repertoire.

So, your complaint isn't with the performers, you just claim that they don't deserve the scores they are getting or don't deserve to win when they do. Yeah, how could anyone think that would affect the performers. 

Over It Whatever GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Everyfan said:

So, your complaint isn't with the performers, you just claim that they don't deserve the scores they are getting or don't deserve to win when they do. Yeah, how could anyone think that would affect the performers. 

Over It Whatever GIF

Do yourself a favor and just ignore him. He is a troll and says the same things over and over, and never brings anything to the discussion. Just do what i do, laugh it off and pray for the sad man. 

11 hours ago, kkrepps said:

3 hours ago, valjean said:

I wonder if there will be any more added to the end of SCV's show. A tag, perhaps

posted from the DrumScorps app

Maybe a new GEICO add would work well. A dancing lizard on those risers with the Mellophones. That way FLO doesn't have to interrupt the show with the commercial.

LOL I would pay good money to see this, heck maybe I'd even subscribe.

posted from the DrumScorps app

On 7/30/2018 at 1:08 PM, onionhead said:

I forget when the change occurred, we missed Atlanta that year, but went to night beats, the first one at wake forest I believe, I don’t think they were in Black there, was the change at Indy ?

Allentown was the uniform change I think. Definitely not NightBeat, I was there too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CAC303 said:

Allentown was the uniform change I think. Definitely not NightBeat, I was there too.

I think the Cadets could get some chill factor now if they switched back to their traditional uniforms.... maybe Allentown...............,might be to soon, how about prelims.

On 7/30/2018 at 11:39 AM, queenanne_1536 said:

I never said I was an expert. Not by a long shot. Neither are you, and neither is anyone on DCP. 

Obviously scores matter, and they matter to you, or you wouldn't be complaining and putting BD down to elevate the Bluecoats. While scores may not be the sole reason why people participate, they matter to almost every one. Look at how much socres are talked about on here. For the most part scores, are why people march BD, SCV, Bloo and Crown - because they want to be the best. They want to win.

I don't see it as slotting. BAC has passed Cavies. Blue Stars have passed Phantom, Crossmen and now Blue Knights. Crown is less than a tenth from Bluecoats, after tying BAC a couple weeks ago. Spirit has passed Academy and may pass Crossmen. Colts and Madison flip-flopped and it now appears Colts are in the lead. Nothing about that says slotting. At the end of the day, BD, SCV, Bluecoats and Crown are all executing at the highest levels. When you get to that level, it all comes down to the little things one gets rewarded for. Those little things are all that separate these four.

This is an insanely misguided view.  I feel sorry for the members that choose to read this. 

Edited by CCond