NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

Just now, GREENBLUE said:

Not gonna lie...incredibly disappointed with the way this show has progressed. (Won’t be seventh place though.) Design staff has yet to introduce the changes needed to keep the show relevant and it seems instructional staff doesn’t have the corps at the level it needs to be. Sad.

Deja Vu!  This is a bad flashback for me.  In ‘81 on First Tour we beat everyone but BD, SCV, Phantom, and Madison.  We were looking for a top 5 or 6, barely losing to Phantom at the US Open and well ahead of the Cadets.  On Second Tour we got too stagnant and everyone we beat on First Tour passed us.  We ended up tenth at DCI Finals.  

3 minutes ago, Ediker said:

It appears that way, this year and last.  Bloo began both years with fully baked shows.  Crown has come out with rougher shows that get revised a lot and shine up nicely by end of season.

2007 was the best example of this, granted it was 10 years ago. Bluecoats (eventually 7th) beat Blue Devils (eventual champion) and the Cavaliers (eventual bronze) at the same show in early July I believe it was. They came out HOT that year and just stagnated the last 2-3 weeks and fell down the rankings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Show is not cleaning up like I thought it would.  Crazy level of demand only gets you credit for content early. If you don't clean you fall.

That’s an outstanding summary.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluesman said:

The most GE filled show is now ranked 3rd in that caption.   Makes no sense to me at all.

It's not the most GE filled show. Not by a long stretch. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

You should have heard it in the early season, before they messed with William Tell. They played the whole thing facing front field, no narration. It was glorious. 

Maybe it's because I haven't listened to the original version, but I actually somewhat enjoy the narration. It hypes me up lol

2 minutes ago, craiga said:

Nice job, Boston! Now 5 points ahead of Cadets, put up a spread on the Cavies, and continuing to gain on Crown and Bloo.  But we do need someone to tell us again....WHICH if these results are "aberrations" again?

1.3 from a medal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snare_guy_83 said:

you must be confused. the correct spread is the 0.625 in Atlanta or 0.85 in Murfreesboro.

crown is great musically but are at best 5th

visually and have gross lizard uniforms.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Different shows. It was less at SA. Crown is now clearly fighting for a medal after folks were writing them off for 6th place. They have a top 3 program that needs some cleaning. Judges have told them as they clean GE will come. It is coming. They are now getting recognition for their performance and will continue to improve. They have more upside right now. I think some folks are beginning to hear those giant beast stomps coming up from behind.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

.075 difference between them and 3rd.  I dont think thats it.

3rd is better than the spread suggests... 

2 minutes ago, craiga said:

Nice job, Boston! Now 5 points ahead of Cadets, put up a spread on the Cavies, and continuing to gain on Crown and Bloo.  But we do need someone to tell us again....WHICH if these results are "aberrations" again?

Well the five points on cadets might be an aberration when one considers cadets marched sixteen holes tonight due to a corps wide rash of illness 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

It's not the most GE filled show. Not by a long stretch. 

That would be Santa Clara.

• Like 4