NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Couldn't we have that without Phantom falling out? If spirit takes over Crossmen, the same will happen

I was thinking more of the past champions and people that have had a history of finalists. Madison isn't really a suprise from recent years but phantom would.  Crossmen have been in Glass place where it could happen or not year to year.

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

BD is clearly better than Bluecoats. That's why they are beating them. They have a better guard, better visual scores, GE that can complete with Blook, and a better drumline. I still don't get all the hype about Bluecoats show. It's a great show, but both BD and SCV have better shows, and that is showing in the marks. There's no conspiracy. The spread between Regiment and Cadets are where it should be. The Cadets are far superior. They beat Regiment in every caption, as it should be. 

No they are not clearly better. Bloo has a significantly harder visual program which is wicked clean especially in the opener. They are beating BD in brass and BDs guard is overrated. BD show is a bunch of park and bark with some scatter drill. They are using the exact same tool box of tricks since 2014 and I am tired of it being rewarded over corps who have more difficult programs.

I did change my mind and thought they were better than crown after watching the high cam, but they are not better then Bloo and certainly not just .6 worse than SCV.

BTW I thought Phantoms score was too high, not low

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

What specifically makes you feel that Bloo's show has more G.E. than others?

Exactly. I am sick of hearing this. There's a lot more to GE than, "well, it's my favorite" or "well, it's the most entertaining." That's their opinion and they are not a qualified judge.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 2

Quick review of the recap...

SCV - really uncharacteristic numbers in guard.  Camera work had a lot of close up so I lost the overall pic.  you own GE....add the second MA judge who focuses on percussion and the spreads will likely grow.

BC - Who would have guessed that percussion would be a liability.  I do not get the GE numbers tonight...

BD - Who would have thought brass would be a liability...guard numbers are a roll of the dice so far this year so uh congrats on the roll tonight

Crown - Nothing changed from what i've said earlier...Field judge likes what he saw but you got spanked in Ensemble (I refuse to call it analysis).  GE 2...6th in substance but 3rd in achievement...that ain't going to fly the next two weeks.  Clean your drill.

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

What if 4th is better than the spread suggests? :laughing: 

imo, easily could be with visual acuity

1 minute ago, craiga said:

George, my comment was directed to another poster who said that BAC being tied with the Cavies last week was an aberration....no disrespect intended toward Cadets.

No worries I just figure that gap is about 2.5. Boston is awesome 

• Like 1

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

Exactly. I am sick of hearing this. There's a lot more to GE than, "well, it's my favorite" or "well, it's the most entertaining." That's your opinion and you're not a qualified judge.

Eh, the judges aren't qualified either.

For instance, there's nobody judging who has degree in General Effect.

But the judges are offering specific comments to the corps. Respondents here claiming that Bloo has the most G.E. are not.

6 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Exactly. By a mile, and that's why they are being rewarded for it. It's too bad some Bluecoats fans feel the need to hurl insults at BD, SCV and the judges because the same thing is happening this year, than last year. Now Crown is right there. I'm not sure I'd agree with Crown beating Bloo, but that may happen because Bloo is having a hard go of it in the music caption.

I think it’s bc before the west coast corps came east Bloo was winning solidly

Edited by WarriorWay