NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

Exactly. I am sick of hearing this. There's a lot more to GE than, "well, it's my favorite" or "well, it's the most entertaining." That's your opinion and you're not a qualified judge.

The sooner people understand General Effect has nothing to do with excitement or entertainment, the better off we’ll be.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Deja Vu!  This is a bad flashback for me.  In ‘81 on First Tour we beat everyone but BD, SCV, Phantom, and Madison.  We were looking for a top 5 or 6, barely losing to Phantom at the US Open and well ahead of the Cadets.  On Second Tour we got too stagnant and everyone we beat on First Tour passed us.  We ended up tenth at DCI Finals.  

I’m putting this on the staff. Nothing with the members. The members are why this thing even has the slightest chance. The show design was not developed or layered properly. It succeed early in the season because the other corps had their flaws. Now that the others have made their changes this show has stayed stagnant. They say third time is a charm but maybe some changes need to be made during the off season.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, patrick643 said:

Is it me or do the Bluecoats seem to peak too early?

posted from the DrumScorps app

Just watched the run tonight and it was incredible! Way better than last night I love the new mic'ing of the solo at the end much improved all around.

Bloooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The sooner people understand General Effect has nothing to do with excitement or entertainment, the better off we’ll be.

It won't ever happen...unfortunately

• Like 2

Bluecoats lack of visual design and constant reliance on follow the leader in between musical phrases is going to hinder them in the final two weeks...just like last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, GREENBLUE said:

I’m putting this on the staff. Nothing with the members. The members are why this thing even has the slightest chance. The show design was not developed or layered properly. It succeed early in the season because the other corps had their flaws. Now that the others have made their changes this show has stayed stagnant. They say third time is a charm but maybe some changes need to be made during the off season.

Just like ‘81 when our staff got complacent....

3 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Exactly. By a mile, and that's why they are being rewarded for it. It's too bad some Bluecoats fans feel the need to hurl insults at BD, SCV and the judges because the same thing is happening this year, than last year. Now Crown is right there. I'm not sure I'd agree with Crown beating Bloo, but that may happen because Bloo is having a hard go of it in the music caption.

it's that time of year, errr session! 

2 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

No they are not clearly better. Bloo has a significantly harder visual program which is wicked clean especially in the opener. They are beating BD in brass and BDs guard is overrated. BD show is a bunch of park and bark with some scatter drill. They are using the exact same tool box of tricks since 2014 and I am tired of it being rewarded over corps who have more difficult programs.

What makes Bloo's visual program harder than BD's? If people make comments like this without details, don't be surprised when others push back. If people make comments about BD's visuals consisting **this year** largely of scatter drill, I'm not sure they're paying attention. Lots of genuine drill in BD's program.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3