NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

12 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

No they are not clearly better. Bloo has a significantly harder visual program which is wicked clean especially in the opener. They are beating BD in brass and BDs guard is overrated. BD show is a bunch of park and bark with some scatter drill. They are using the exact same tool box of tricks since 2014 and I am tired of it being rewarded over corps who have more difficult programs.

I did change my mind and thought they were better than crown after watching the high cam, but they are not better then Bloo and certainly not just .6 worse than SCV.

BTW I thought Phantoms score was too high, not low

Just because you say it's so, doesn't make it so. You obviously are either STRONGLY biased, and can't get past that, or you just aren't paying attention to BD. In my dream world, SCV would win every caption and Blue Devils would finish 4th, but that Blue Devils guard is FANTASTIC with a very difficult book. The staging of their guard throughout the show is great. They put the hard #### up front and center, for all to see, and all to see if they mess it up. The staging of their show, overall, is better than Bloos, but especially the guard. There is plenty of demand in their drill, too, which is why they are scoring so well, and often winning, the visual caption. I got past my biases a couple years ago. I can now see it for what it is. It's much more enjoyable. It's over for Bloo, like it or not, 3rd is the best they can hope for.

Yeah, Regiment is in a rough spot - that we agree on :)

Edit: Took out the "what are you smoking" because it was mean. Apologies.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Reading this thread reminds me why I have been thinking about calling it quits on DCP.  Yikes. 

Needless to say, I hope you don't!

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

Brasso, methinks you need to work on your math.

I deleted it quickly just after I typed it and looked at my notes, but you were too dam quick... lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

I think it’s bc before the west coast corps came east Bloo was winning solidly

Exactly. I've said it from DAY 1 - if you aren't beating BD head-to-head you're not Number 1. It's that simple. Until you beat BD, undefeated or not, you're not Number 1.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, superOOk said:

Just watched the run tonight and it was incredible! Way better than last night I love the new mic'ing of the solo at the end much improved all around.

Bloooooooooooooooooooooo

Honestly, this post is awesome to see right now. Why bother getting all bent out of shape when it comes to the scoring, which you have no control of anyways, and just enjoy the show. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

What are you smoking? Just because you say it's so, doesn't make it so. You obviously are either STRONGLY biased, and can't get past that, or you just aren't paying attention to BD.

[...]

I got past my biases a couple years ago. I can now see it for what it is.

Since you acknowledge formerly having a bias against BD, you probably can understand how others right now (1) might not like their show as much as some others; (2) genuinely feel that their opinion reflects an honest assessment; and (3) are unlikely to be shaken from their beliefs by questions like "What are you smoking?"

Or was it responses like that which got you to change your mind?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

What are you smoking? Just because you say it's so, doesn't make it so. You obviously are either STRONGLY biased, and can't get past that, or you just aren't paying attention to BD. In my dream world, SCV would win every caption and Blue Devils would finish 4th, but that Blue Devils guard is FANTASTIC with a very difficult book. The staging of their guard throughout the show is great. They put the hard #### up front and center, for all to see, and all to see if they mess it up. The staging of their show, overall, is better than Bloos, but especially the guard. There is plenty of demand in their drill, too, which is why they are scoring so well, and often winning, the visual caption. I got past my biases a couple years ago. I can now see it for what it is. It's much more enjoyable. It's over for Bloo, like it or not, 3rd is the best they can hope for.

What drill? Besides the first 30 seconds and there is no real drill with a few small exceptions. Bloo is doing collapsing boxes at 4 to 5 steps extremely clean

10 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

BD is clearly better than Bluecoats. That's why they are beating them. They have a better guard, better visual scores, GE that can complete with Blook, and a better drumline. I still don't get all the hype about Bluecoats show. It's a great show, but both BD and SCV have better shows, and that is showing in the marks. There's no conspiracy. The spread between Regiment and Cadets are where it should be. The Cadets are far superior. They beat Regiment in every caption, as it should be. 

Bloo has clean feet, clean brass, a very generally effective show, the pace is better than BD, the transitions are smoother than BD, and it gets the people feeling something that BD’s show doesn’t seem to. Bloo taught us all that warming-over the previous year’s design doesn’t do it for the fans, BD decided to try it anyway. BD is clean, not cleaner. They sound good, not better, their show has good moments, but it doesn’t grab the majority by the shirt and say “listen to me right now” the way that Bloo’s does. It’s a shame it doesn’t click with you (personally I feel like you’re really missing out) , but that’s no reason to discredit what they are achieving here. 

• Like 1

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

Since you acknowledge formerly having a bias against BD, you probably can understand how others right now (1) might not like their show as much as some others; (2) genuinely feel that their opinion reflects an honest assessment; and (3) are unlikely to be shaken from their beliefs by questions like "What are you smoking?"

Or was it responses like that which got you to change your mind?

Especially since the same argument has been said for a decaf decade against BDs lack of visual demand compared with other top corps