Oskaloosa, IA - July 29, 2018

10 hours ago, MikeN said:

Sometimes you have to shrug and take what you’re given. I’ll admit, I’m confused by some of the subcaption scores.

But, we’ve still got four more shows this week, so still time to improve. :biggrin:

Mike

What are you referring to score Wise?

posted from the DrumScorps app

2 hours ago, IndigoDemonFan said:

2 hours ago, IBTwist said:

What are you referring to score Wise?

How about BDB 2nd in Guard and Percussion?  ;)

Do you disagree with that? I think it reflects it well. SCVC win Percussion content and lost achievement. That's fair. They have more Percussion ensemble musicality and demand, but aren't achieving it as well as BDB. That's fair. They won by .1 anyways lol. And guard, same kinda things. I think it's really fair.

I was more referring to our (Guardians) sudden and inexplicable 8th in Guard.  :whistle:  Looking up the guard judge, though, we're just the latest in a long and distinguished list of corps, going back decades, that have questions about that.    Last 3 shows have gone 13.4 (only OC at the show) -> 12.6 (only OC at the regional) -> 11.3 last night.

We should be so lucky as to worry about "only" coming in 2nd...  :happy:

Mike

49 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I was more referring to our (Guardians) sudden and inexplicable 8th in Guard.  :whistle:  Looking up the guard judge, though, we're just the latest in a long and distinguished list of corps, going back decades, that have questions about that.    Last 3 shows have gone 13.4 (only OC at the show) -> 12.6 (only OC at the regional) -> 11.3 last night.

We should be so lucky as to worry about "only" coming in 2nd...  :happy:

Mike

Who was on the slate for CG for this show? Not (gasp!) DT...?

EDIT: Never mind, I see it— stupid vision of mine! 

I agree on subcaption scores; VC’s brass must have had a really rough run; I’ll have to tap my sources to see what happened. I like the GE though. 

Edited by TRacer
Found the info I was looking for.

5 hours ago, MikeN said:

We'll just have to take this score, move on and try again tomorrow.  :91_thumbsup:

Some open class faces that 7th Regiment hasn't seen in a year. :thumbs-up:

Edited by kkrepps
  • Like 1