Salem, VA - July 30, 2018

2 minutes ago, Tmcculloughga said:

I talked to my son (crown guard member) around 5pm today and the guard is most effectived.  All the guard members are staying at the housing site to Hightower to try and rest and recovery rather than going to the show.  The virus must have spread quickly as I with them on Saturday in ATL and they were ok:(. Just hoping for a little rest tonight and speedy recovery as they were picking up the pace after a long 3 nights of Great performances. 

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to all.

Hopefully these outbreaks are contained to each affected corp, and not some crud that everyone picked up in Atlanta.

3 minutes ago, Tmcculloughga said:

I talked to my son (crown guard member) around 5pm today and the guard is most effectived.  All the guard members are staying at the housing site to Hightower to try and rest and recovery rather than going to the show.  The virus must have spread quickly as I with them on Saturday in ATL and they were ok:(. Just hoping for a little rest tonight and speedy recovery as they were picking up the pace after a long 3 nights of Great performances. 

sounds like Cadets where it mostly impacted brass and they were fine Friday/Saturday and really impacted for Sunday night

I agree - let's hope for a quick recovery & some great performances later this week

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brassboy said:

2 minutes ago, martin84 said:

Just announced standstills only for the remaining corps.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Did any corps actually perform already? 

Pioneer and Jersey Surf got their performances in before the rain

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brassboy said:

Crown announced on social media that due to health reasons, they're only performing a standstill tonight. Wonder if the bug that plagued The Cadets yesterday hopped busses. :(

Bummer! So many corps getting hit with that late in the season 

24 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

sounds like Cadets where it mostly impacted brass and they were fine Friday/Saturday and really impacted for Sunday night

I agree - let's hope for a quick recovery & some great performances later this week

Academy was hit with a stomach virus in Texas and had to choose to miss the event. 

Just now, DCIDADDIO said:

Bummer! So many corps getting hit with that late in the season 

With the long days the mm have and not a lot of quality sleep, your more susceptible to picking up something.  All the other corps are aware of recent health issues with the Cadets and Crown, so may the mm of all corps get as much sleep on the busses as they can.

• Like 1