Centerville, OH - July 30, 2018

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

LETS GO CAVALIERS!!!

Amen!  This backsliding trend in scoring is not a good sign.  This is Ohio so the Centerville crowd is usually populated with excited band kids, clueless band directors, Bluecoats homers, and the announcer is absolutely terrible if it’s the same lady from a local radio station they’ve been using for the past few years.  

Edited by ThirdValvesAreForWimps
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

First U.S. show this year for Jubal.

Had the worst time ever entering US, they come every 3 years, not new to them. This year had trouble renting vehicles would not take foreign credit cards. Changing their sim cards in their phones for communications was a bigger hassle. Have friend in corps was posting this on his Facebook page. Can't remember what else came up but he was not a happy camper.

im so sad I can't come tonight. I only live like 10 miles from Centerville. In marching band this past year my band got to compete against them. Very musically enriched city with potential to develop kids that can compete in the top 10 in boa finals every year. At least I caught the Mason show in Ohio.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Good evening and welcome to Elks Stadium on the campus of Centerville High School in Centerville, Ohio, the site of tonight's Soaring Sounds 39 drum corps competition! I am your host, Kevin Gamin, Managing News Editor of Drum Corps Planet, and I will be providing LIVE From the Stands! coverage of all of tonight's performances! While there is a chance of rain in the forecast, the weather is cooperating so far and we hope to get the show in as scheduled!

• Like 6

My view for tonight.

c3lIgLS.jpg

vvS9xEL.jpg

• Like 4

The good news is that there are a bunch of food trucks here.

The bad news is that every marching band within a 200 mile radius appears to be here as well. Lines are stupid long. I'll eat after the show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Also, that ticket I bought? I just bought it when I got to the stadium. Either there's a large walk up crowd for this show or people are staying away in case the weather doesn't cooperate. Section 'A IS sold out, but that's the cheap seats on Side 1 of the stadium.

• Like 1