International

PLACE CORPS SCORE

1 Jubal 64.650
Powered byCompetition suite VIEW FULL RECAP

All Age

PLACE CORPS SCORE

1 Cincinnati Tradition 71.350
Powered byCompetition suite VIEW FULL RECAP

CT up four points from yesterday in White Lake, Michigan.  No complaints. 

• Like 1

Some names I’m not familiar with on the judges panel

17 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Cavies breaking 90... I wish I was there! SPLOOIE!!!!

I hate to sound down, but quite honestly I feel they had a lot more spark when I saw them in Muncie (end of June or beginning of July). Maybe it was the stadium too- Ball State is ALOT bigger than Centerville HS.   It is still a great show tho.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Narrow said:

Blue Knights really falling behind there

You never really know how far behind because they were no at the sane show.  I thought BK had a better run tonite. Visually and musically better than DATR.  The guard is still rough in spots tho.  I do continue to love what Tommy Keemun does for them with regards to uniforms and silks tho.

• Like 2

Great job by Bloo tonight.  I've seen them several times this year, but this was the best yet.  Corps was firing on ALL cylinders for sure.  Seemed to be the clear crowd favorite.

As usual, a very good crowd, but I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm I saw with some of the bands in attendance.  Maybe they're tired from band camp?
Also thought it strange that Cavies "Africa" encore seemed to get a more spirited response than did their "Oh What A World/Bolero" closer.  Thought they too were very good tonight.

This was Soaring Sounds #39.  I've been to many of them, including #1.  It's a great fund raiser for the outstanding Centerville Jazz Band.  I don't see them moving it, but I do agree it's one of the more "uncomfortable" stadiums in Ohio.  Also one-way out and one-way in is a bit crazy for such a huge school.

Really good performances by all of the corps tonight.  I hope Music City stays with the high entertainment format for a while.  First time for me to see Arizona live and they really delivered, but at the moment I've got to go with Spirit of Atlanta or Crossmen to make top 12.  By the way, and this should have been announced tonight...Spirit was in Soaring Sounds #1.

Again, great job Bloo.  or maybe even more... good job judges.

• Like 3

Made a last-minute decision to drive down for this one. Got to the stadium just before 7 p.m. but the lines to buy tickets were long, so I only heard Tradition from behind the stadium. From there, they sounded good, and it's nice to see they got a boost in score from the previous night.

At Massillon, the best and most expensive seats sell out first. At Centerville, the worst and cheapest seats sell out first. I wanted a good seat, so that worked out for me.

Tired after the seven-hour round trip, so just a couple quick thoughts:

Everyone's amplification was too loud, from Jubal to Bloo. And I was on the 50 more than 20 rows up, high enough to occasionally hear the judges (although not to make out what they were saying), so it's not like I was planted in front of a speaker. TURN THE AMPS DOWN.

That said, the three corps who will make Finals were much better about this than the lower-ranking corps. Cascades and Academy were probably the worst in this regard.

Music City and Spirit of Atlanta: your generators are annoying.

Everybody is messier than they have appeared to me on Flo. That said, I usually watch the streams on high camera, and it was nice to see details I missed. Until tonight, I had no idea BK's show had an Egyptian theme.

Speaking of BK, they have some very impressive brass passages.

Jubal's show seems more difficult than The Company's last year, but it's also in rougher shape.

Anyway, this was my first live show this year (had to work on the night of Akron), and I'm very glad to have made this trip.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, kevingamin said:

I keep thinking of the Van Gogh Doctor Who episode, which features one of the most tear jerking moments on TV you'll ever witness, followed by the saddest conclusion.

Very well noted! I know from the designers that's indeed one of the ideas the show is based upon!