Centerville, OH - July 30, 2018

Horns in rectangular block formation move across the field as the drums move into the block.

Very spacey sounds coming from the pit. I can't tell if its soloists on mics or synth.

Last time I saw this show, most of the closer was standstill. Full show on the field.

Mellos get a feature.

• Like 1

Building to a company front on the numbers. Horns stand still and play for a bit before moving the front forward and diagonally. Percussion hauling at double time behind the horns.

• Like 1

VERY solid performance by Tradition tonight. They're continuing their upward movement in the DCA world for sure this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cincinnati Tradition

2TB92yT.jpg

0BMrvhw.jpg

NDUZgIp.jpg

qnGVgNj.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3

Next on the field is Jubal from Dordrecht, The Netherlands. No information on their 2018 program that I could find online, either.

The show title is "Vincent: The Beauty of Madness"

Pre-show features narration over Clair de Lune.

Show opens with a huge sound from the corps! They make a statement right from the start!

Drill is demanding from the start. Tubas are hauling serious freight. Heck, everybody is MOVING.

This seems to be the year of the circular stage. Jubal has one on the front of the field, side two, 30 yard line.

• Like 1

Our main character has arrived, easel on his shoulder and floppy Van Gogh hat on his head.

Low brass trio and pit opens the next section.

HUGE sound from the upper brass! 

There's more dirt so far in Jubal's show, but it is also more demanding, plus they have a later season than DCI or DCA. They do have a very strong ensemble sound. Low brass just sounded evil in a good way.

Now the pit is completely overpowering the horns, who are in a slowly rotating formation near midfield. Sound is adjusted and I can hear the horns again.

So far, I've heard music played by SCV and Blue Knights over the past decade. Eureka! :D