Allentown Welcomes You - Ins and Outs

If you are in the mood for good seafood, there's a great restaurant hidden in the neighborhood across Hamilton called Youell's Oyster House.  They have a great happy hour on Fridays.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 9:19 PM, craiga said:

Does anyone local know if they are planning to close off the entire street again? (The one which runs behind the visitors side all the way down to Ott Blvd) They have closed it now these past two seasons and it is getting really difficult to find RV parking.

where the trucks park? it's been closed for years

48 minutes ago, maxschoenfeld34 said:

Anyone else worried about the weather forecast? I'm going Friday and I'm scared it'll get cancelled halfway through...

several years now friday seems to have a had a thunderstorm late afternoon that usually clears up. 11 saturday night was rain or mist most of the night. this far out, the forecast isn't always accurate

+1 on Youell's Oyster House. Also from the 3rd through the 5th is an enormous car show called Das Awkscht Fescht in Macungie just a few miles out of Allentown. Google it. There are 2500 cars on display, parts swaps, food, etc.

A favorite for Sunday Brunch is at the Hotel Bethlehem. A really nice spread, if a little pricey. $$$

There's lots going on. Check out the events calendar at www.discoverlehighvalley.com. 

I always park at the top of the hill between the back of the stadium and the big parking lot for the Farmer's Market. 

Let's keep our fingers crossed for reasonable weather!

1 minute ago, GlenI said:

+1 on Youell's Oyster House. Also from the 3rd through the 5th is an enormous car show called Das Awkscht Fescht in Macungie just a few miles out of Allentown. Google it. There are 2500 cars on display, parts swaps, food, etc.

A favorite for Sunday Brunch is at the Hotel Bethlehem. A really nice spread, if a little pricey. $$$

There's lots going on. Check out the events calendar at www.discoverlehighvalley.com. 

I always park at the top of the hill between the back of the stadium and the big parking lot for the Farmer's Market. 

Let's keep our fingers crossed for reasonable weather!

It's the biggest tourism weekend of the year in the Lehigh Valley, so hotel prices could be a little higher than normal. However, I typed in the Allentown/Bethlehem area on TripAdvisor and there are quite a few hotel spots available for Fri/Sat. Hope that doesn't mean less interest in events this year! Although, there has been substantial hotel growth over the past 2-3 years.

Hotel Bethlehem is wonderful, but it's right in the middle of Musikfest action so parking might be difficult.

I think you right Fred about the hotel rooms. In years past, it was very hard to find a room at the last minute. My stepdaughter and BF decided to come out for the show this time, and we booked her a room at our hotel just a few days ago. I remember in the mid-80's having to drive to Easton to find a room at the last minute! Not sure what's up with that. 

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

where the trucks park? it's been closed for years

Jeff, while they have closed off part of the street for decades, up until two years ago, you still could park on that road and tailgate right next to the duck pond. I have done this with my rv every year.   It was great sitting there, grilling burgers and literally having drum lines warm up right in front of us. Starting in 2016, they blocked off the entire street.  Just didn't know if that was a permament change.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, barigirl78 said:

If you are in the mood for good seafood, there's a great restaurant hidden in the neighborhood across Hamilton called Youell's Oyster House.  They have a great happy hour on Fridays.

I second the rec for Youell's. Across the street form the park, one block up. Got our res for early dinner there Friday. Then shave ice at the stadium for dessert :bigsmile: