Allentown Welcomes You - Ins and Outs

I really want to go to Allentown one year as a spectator. Hands down, it was my favorite show site as a performer. The entire atmosphere was amazing, from the warmup in the park to the crowd energy to the deep-fried Oreos at the concession (my first time ever trying them).

16 minutes ago, quijeros said:

I really want to go to Allentown one year as a spectator. Hands down, it was my favorite show site as a performer. The entire atmosphere was amazing, from the warmup in the park to the crowd energy to the deep-fried Oreos at the concession (my first time ever trying them).

The funnel cakes are really good too...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

several years now friday seems to have a had a thunderstorm late afternoon that usually clears up. 11 saturday night was rain or mist most of the night. this far out, the forecast isn't always accurate

Yes, the forecast doesn't look the best but chances of rain (from the forecasts I hear now) should diminish as the week goes on.  Hopefully, it will work out.  All I know is that they will do everything in their power to get the show on the field. I was there when the Glassmen came on the filed and started performing and the skies let loose.  Everyone had to exit the stadium for about 45 minutes until the storm passed. Once it went through, the competition started up again and they finished it.  

For us Saturday activities will include:

Josh Early Chocolates!!!

There's a folk music festival in Bethlehem that starts the same weekend. 11:00 am a Moravian brass choir plays from the bell tower of the Moravian Church by the festival. They have crafts and good shopping on main st.

Edited by shawn craig

1 hour ago, BigW said:

If you like Brazilian Steak Houses, nearby Nazareth has Rios:

http://www.riosbr.com/

And another, closer one!

https://www.rodiziogrill.com/lehighvalley/

Genesis and Oregon Crusaders could use some welcoming too, Allentown! (no housing sites :(

Edited by luv4corps

If you want good diner food cheap,Bethlehem Diner.

We always get our Sat. dinner to go.

Head to BC and tailgate,on the street.

We live in North Jersey.

No Denny's.

So that's Sat and Sun. breakfast.

Have to have Moon over my hammy once a year.

There's one right by the Bethlehem Diner.

Edited by rpbobcat

13 hours ago, craiga said:

Jeff, while they have closed off part of the street for decades, up until two years ago, you still could park on that road and tailgate right next to the duck pond. I have done this with my rv every year.   It was great sitting there, grilling burgers and literally having drum lines warm up right in front of us. Starting in 2016, they blocked off the entire street.  Just didn't know if that was a permament change.

might be the city's call.