Backup Plan for TOC Chester?

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Holy cow!  For Jim and I for three days in Indy, it’s $600 something.  

Well I got VIP seats at Lawrence and they were only $46...Allentown for TWO days just $90...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I go to Talen because the acoustics are just phenomenal...there is an overhang and man do you get BLASTED with a wall of sound there...that's why I love it so much...

• Like 3

If it weren’t for the rain in the forecast, I would have already decided to drive umpteen hours to get here.  The rain just won’t get out of the forecast. Darn it!

Hey, serous thought here...  anyone think a corps could sell “rainout” insurance of, say, 25-50% of the cost of the ticket? Could be a good income producer.  Of course, if the show were to get rained out, they’d lose some.  But, most shows do go on as planned.  Enough of us would probably pay the premium for the added protection against rainout. There’s got to be a price point where both the corps and the an could win.  I’m sure the bean counters could figure this one out.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

YEA pricing of old. Don't know if it'll change

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Liahona said:

I go to Talen because the acoustics are just phenomenal...there is an overhang and man do you get BLASTED with a wall of sound there...that's why I love it so much...

The Talon show is also amazing because it is located under this enormous bridge. The scale is incredible. I concur with Liahona that it may be the best sounding place I've been to. Sometimes when a see the same performance a few days later in Allentown, it feels like the show is a little off - but it's likely the sound of the stadium. The Talon show also tends not to be as crowded as some, which makes things more pleasant. Comfy seats too! Praying for the rain gods to take a day off!

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Forecast is looking really iffy. Would be nice if the folks at Chester could let us know if there will be at least a stand still performance if it rains out the show. 

I REALLY don't want to drive 7 hours (round trip) tomorrow for a RAINOUT...I'm seriously thinking of skipping it and just considering my $128 ticket a donation to the cadets...I'm still going to Lawrence and Allentown anyway...

I'd probably go if they were having standstill performances...

Edited by Liahona