Backup Plan for TOC Chester?

8 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Oh, you could never do rain dates today. You can hardly do any retreats anymore and I think encores will be a thing of the past soon. Corps are off to another location often before the show even ends. Very different world today and not just for drum corps.

But I do know the money loss is stopping many from going to shows till the last minute or saving it for an indoor location.

I have pretty much given up on worrying about it. I buy the tickets as soon as they are open for sale and get the best seats I can. I only have time to go to a couple of shows each year, so it’s worth the risk. If it gets rained out, watcha gonna do? I contribute to the Cadets anyway. I have airline tickets, so I’m going to PA no matter what. A day at the museum and a nice dinner out will have to suffice if it’s rainy.  I’ll have two more bites at the apple in Allentown. But I sure do hope the show goes on! 

Now everyone relax and let the tension go. Chant with me. Ohmmm shanti shanti. Ohmmm shanti shanti.

:yin-yang:

• Like 2

Philly region forecast looking pretty good 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GlenI said:

I have pretty much given up on worrying about it. I buy the tickets as soon as they are open for sale and get the best seats I can. I only have time to go to a couple of shows each year, so it’s worth the risk. If it gets rained out, watcha gonna do? I contribute to the Cadets anyway. I have airline tickets, so I’m going to PA no matter what. A day at the museum and a nice dinner out will have to suffice if it’s rainy.  I’ll have two more bites at the apple in Allentown. But I sure do hope the show goes on! 

Now everyone relax and let the tension go. Chant with me. Ohmmm shanti shanti. Ohmmm shanti shanti.

:yin-yang:

I do know people who do the same BUT explain that to a family of 4 trying to get to a show and spending hundreds. No answer to this situation I guess.

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

I do know people who do the same BUT explain that to a family of 4 trying to get to a show and spending hundreds. No answer to this situation I guess.

I think a family of four trying to get to a show and spend hundreds are best served by buying tix the day of the show, or otherwise making plans to do a dome.

• Like 1

Been driving from Pittsburgh to Chester today. Going through Gettysburg right now and it's been raining pretty steadily the whole day. Hope it's better to the east...

weather.com has Philly 15% chance of rain

32 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Been driving from Pittsburgh to Chester today. Going through Gettysburg right now and it's been raining pretty steadily the whole day. Hope it's better to the east...

that storm is tracking NE