Annapolis, MD - July 31, 2018

35 minutes ago, 777hornman said:

Maybe it’s those terrible uniforms or the fact that you I don’t really get the unity feeling from this show .

Maybe it’s the out of tune vocalists hitting the cords with the brass ???

Something not right with his show .

posted from the DrumScorps app

Does anyone remember Poppycock from last year around this time... Deja Vu all over again.

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

It seemed flat, but the show itself seems flat. I think they are not challenged by the material especially in the first half of the show

I would agree, I was expecting a bit more from the Crossman.   

Mandarins WOW love the show,  a bit of a struggle to get the turn table broken down and out the tunnel. 

Blue Devils, I like the show, percussion was on fire tonight. 

Cadets, show keeps getting better and better, uniforms love the contrast still not sold on the rotating boxes (think the show would be fine with out them) and not really getting the gold rope effect

30 minutes ago, GlenI said:

Does anyone remember Poppycock from last year around this time... Deja Vu all over again.

He wasn’t mean.  He was whimsical. 

Plus, if I recall, he was right about what (or more correctly, who) was the problem. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Totally agree. And pretty funny.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, nafstedac said:

I would agree, I was expecting a bit more from the Crossman.   

Mandarins WOW love the show,  a bit of a struggle to get the turn table broken down and out the tunnel. 

Blue Devils, I like the show, percussion was on fire tonight. 

Cadets, show keeps getting better and better, uniforms love the contrast still not sold on the rotating boxes (think the show would be fine with out them) and not really getting the gold rope effect

I think that the gold rope works as a way of beginning to tie them together or "unifying" them.  I think the boxes are the way that they stay separated until they are all together.  If you really watch the show, there is never a time where they are all on one side of the boxes together until the end.  I am thinking that the boxes are the way they separate them until the end when they are all on the same side of the boxes (unified).  Maybe I am wrong but that's what I am taking from it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, candymancan said:

I think that the gold rope works as a way of beginning to tie them together or "unifying" them.  I think the boxes are the way that they stay separated until they are all together.  If you really watch the show, there is never a time where they are all on one side of the boxes together until the end.  I am thinking that the boxes are the way they separate them until the end when they are all on the same side of the boxes (unified).  Maybe I am wrong but that's what I am taking from it.

True, but that is an over-thought as in over-thinking something. If it gets that complicated, then the GE is just not there no matter how much the designer tries to talk to the judge at post show discussions.  That's not what is meant by layering. Plus, the gold rope needs to be thicker to be seen in the box; it was missed in Atlanta sized stadium.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Plus, if I recall, he was right about what (or more correctly, who) was the problem. 

Poppycock was super cool. Hope he comes back to DCP before the season is up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tommeee said:

I’m sitting on the 50, ten rows up, and the acoustics absolutely ROCK!!!  And there are plenty of seats remaining, all around me.

Man I really wish I was able to go! Maybe once school no longer has a stranglehold grip on my life 

• Like 1