What Happened to Tailgating Drum Corp Style

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

#### old people am i right?

Old people are Dino's correct? :peek:

12 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I've had many of tailgates in Ypsilanti with 0 problems. Only way to enjoy the football team. 

This was probably late 90s one of the last shows there.

27 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

In addition to the canaries,you have the Huskies.

thanks

1 hour ago, E3D said:

Old people are Dino's correct? :peek:

All dinos are probably old, but not all old people are dinos.  It depends when you (or your kids) joined the activity.

Yes -- I am a Captain, but not named Obvious. 

3 hours ago, Bluzes said:

dci dosen't want it. Two years ago at the Holiday Inn Express, a stone's throw from LOS outside back of the hotel on Wednesday afternoon Jim & Terry was there with Jim getting antsy that he hasn't heard his favorite corps yet I assured him it was qued. Someone from inside the hotel came out and said we needed to turn off that music now because he can't get any work done. He had a dci shirt on so asked him if he worked for dci sure enough he did. In a very calming manner, I explained that if he was a truck or bus driver losing sleep we would turn it off altogether but you can pack it in and go back to Lombard for peace and quiet for all we care. The nerve of the hive mind it never ceases to amaze me.

I'm almost afraid to ask :ninja:, but what is the hive mind in this context?

I remember all of the RVs at a campground in Boulder when championships were held in Denver.  It was a great time seeing people from all over the country.  

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

hive mind in this context

I try not to poke fun at individuals but the hive mind is dci. I am and always will be upset with dci for ruining the Rose Bowl show. Wait all year for drum corps didn't have the all season coverage on TV back then. Had a great trip planned flew into Vegas with friends rented cars drove through the desert to get there. Everything was fine on Thursday till right before the Troopers. When the lights came on a horrible buzz emanating from loose laminations in the transformers placed me right back at work. Knew we would have this all weekend, totally unacceptable. When the corps had a chance to shine in Hollywood they had that to deal with. It's fun to read posts here about how past shows stick in one's head, well that's a real sticking point for me.

40 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I try not to poke fun at individuals but the hive mind is dci. I am and always will be upset with dci for ruining the Rose Bowl show. Wait all year for drum corps didn't have the all season coverage on TV back then. Had a great trip planned flew into Vegas with friends rented cars drove through the desert to get there. Everything was fine on Thursday till right before the Troopers. When the lights came on a horrible buzz emanating from loose laminations in the transformers placed me right back at work. Knew we would have this all weekend, totally unacceptable. When the corps had a chance to shine in Hollywood they had that to deal with. It's fun to read posts here about how past shows stick in one's head, well that's a real sticking point for me.

It annoyed the #### out of Jim but I didn’t even notice it.  

Edited by Terri Schehr

47 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

... When the corps had a chance to shine in Hollywood they had that to deal with ...

My nerd friends Sheldon and Leonard would argue that the Rose Bowl is in Pasadena.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeanInChicago said:

My nerd friends Sheldon and Leonard would argue that the Rose Bowl is in Pasadena.

I thought that would come up. Shine in front of Hollywood means the artsy-ness of the VIP's in attendance. The press box and VIP seating was closer to the lights. I was about 3/4's up on the right 45 yard line.