What Happened to Tailgating Drum Corp Style

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the only bird not afraid of certain storms

Great answer some adults should follow their lead and weather storms without beating up other birds of feather.

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Oh yeah: if dci is so anti tailgating then why did Dan Potter devote significant podcast time to Allentown tailgating a few years ago?

Everything is a struggle here. I am proud of the gatherings at Allentown, it's a special event. Some have posted on here that Allentown needs to go away, it's their opinion I respect that and so do you because you're not jumping all over them. I realize drum corps shows have changed across the country and Allentown is not the norm for show attendance. I am thrilled to get a call from my local band director who offers me a seat on the bus taking his kids to a show. He is pleased that I have band kids over that played Stairway to Heaven last year to see the Cabs who most of them never heard of playing the same theme. I am not this big negative force just because I speak my mind openly.

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Was also willing to help them financially in the housing thread and have donated to friends of dci in the past. In most cases, the not in their control is relative to the way things are now, that need change. Am flattered that you are tracking my pattern, It's a pattern of questioning authority looking inside myself for answers and knocking down doors to drive change when necessary. Maybe you don't see that some things need to change, I do and am not going away. Thanks

i've been doing stuff to help DCI for years, even if at times they didnt view it as helpful, and spent many hours trying to help with housing this week. Trust me, many in DCI will curse my name if you mention it for calling them out on a variety of things

and don't be flattered. it was noticable without research

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

i've been doing stuff to help DCI for years, even if at times they didnt view it as helpful, and spent many hours trying to help with housing this week. Trust me, many in DCI will curse my name if you mention it for calling them out on a variety of things

I never doubted that even complimented you for it. Wish you & I together was all that is needed to get the activity out of some of the ruts society had placed it in, recently. Even if we go about it differently. I think we would both go the extra mile for dci in the end.

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and don't be flattered. it was noticable without research

Exactly what is noticeable about me. When your claim to fame is the same thing you're not so flattered about with me? Don't answer that. Read my quote below. The last thing I what to do is distract you from helping drum corp in your other insightful posts. Peace Bother

Edited by Bluzes
typo

One of my first experiences w/ DCI was going to a show in Salem,VA in '93 to see my cousin march in Bluecoats that year. I was a 14 year old high school freshman and one of my distinct memories was rolling through the parking lot with my younger brother and there were tailgates everywhere. As I was walking through the lot I heard a recording of the BD closer from "92 and literally just stopped in mid stride and just sat there with my jaw on the floor. I was absolutely hooked at that moment and then seeing a show live was all it took.

57 minutes ago, DCIPhan78 said:

As I was walking through the lot I heard a recording of the BD closer from "92 and literally just stopped in mid stride and just sat there with my jaw on the floor.

Wonderful, I think that goes on today, maybe not as much and there are special shows such as Allentown where that will never die. There was a time you could bring with you to the show the biggest boom box you could find throw in a cassette and record away. Only hope you're sober enough latter to keep up with the tape flips. One time in Giants Stadium the folks in the back of me kept pushing the box down so they could see. It was all in fun then and now boom boxes became periscopes and YT is the devil. See how far we came in protecting copyrights.

Edited by Bluzes
typo