What makes a good Blue Devils show?

5 hours ago, ComeHomeShane said:

Jazz has nothing to do with it.

Then would you like to explain?

7 hours ago, ComeHomeShane said:

Jazz has nothing to do with it.

At your earliest convenience, please elaborate on this. Thank you.

Basically everything they did before 2000.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, didn't mean to leave y'all hangin... I just moved and haven't had wifi for a while...

I just feel like Bloo's show was designed, staged, and performed very much like a blue devils show. Like if they secretly put on BD uniforms and called themselves BD, I wouldn't know the difference. Not to say that's bad.. I loved the show. 

I'm not really feeling an argument... agree with me, or not... don't feel like taking the time to cite and compare BD to Bloo... just expressing my opinion...

On 7/31/2018 at 8:39 PM, Woochifer said:

05 -- the last year that BD failed to medal ... IIRC, that was the year when they spent the summer touring Europe. They came back to the states a few weeks before finals.

The show itself was the Dance Derby of the Century ... basically a turn of the century dance marathon, except in reverse. I only saw it on TV. Looked like a fun show, but it was one of those times where I thought BD was being too clever for their own good. And I would imagine that with the international travel, they couldn't refine the show as much as they normally would.

Too clever, no! It wasn't original by any stretch! James Logan World Guard did it in 1999! Maybe that is why they didn't medal!  

Q: What makes a good BD show? 

A: G bugles 

*ducks for cover* 

• Like 1