Chester Tour of Champions - August 01, 2018

1 hour ago, 1956OPR said:

I do not know who from the Regiment staff made nuisances of themselves among the audience tonight but you know who you are. On behalf of my corps, start showing some respect for the people who attend our shows and stop embarrassing our corps with your juvenile actions. We are trying to gather phans not turn them away.

When the day comes when the Regiment again is competitive for medals, we want the audience to rise and support us and not sit on their hands in silence because of memories generated by such disrespect.

Well this woman was actually pretty nasty to all the staff...her responses were something along the lines of...

"Because I said so" "I'm a donor and you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me"  She even said something about Boston needing shirts or something snarky like that...I didn't understand what she was trying to say and neither did Gino...I turned around and we looked at each other in puzzlement and Gino said he didn't understand what she was saying and I didn't either...lol

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Well this woman was actually pretty nasty to all the staff...her responses were something along the lines of...

"Because I said so" "I'm a donor and you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me"  She even said something about Boston needing shirts or something snarky like that...I didn't understand what she was trying to say and neither did Gino...I turned around and we looked at each other in puzzlement and Gino said he didn't understand what she was saying and I didn't either...lol

Oh geez, one of those "entitled" people huh?  LOL, some people.....sooooooooooome people.....:sigh:

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s terrible.  

Isn’t he a nice man?  What a difference.  

Yes...very nice and his wife as well...they invited a drum corps noobie from the local school system there as well...she was saying to me "I'm a drumcorps virgin" ..I got a kick out of that..she even told a really good Boston joke as well...haha

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Den8uml said:

Tarps are not allowed but a giant metal see-saw beast thing is that is crushing the grass!? Weird rules.  I say move the show next year to place that allows tarps. Like it or not, it’s now part of dci. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :-)

I go for that SOUND...like no other and I've been to MANY MANY MANY stadiums over the last 25 years...trust me Talen Energy is GLORIOUS...if you're a horn guy like me...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DCIDADDIO said:

Btw, thanks for all of the pics and commentary this evening. I’m in dry-dock until my ship lands at LOS! 

Perhaps maybe you can rescue BAC from that island...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I'm still butthurt that bloo got rid of the falling effect. Hell I'm butthurt that bloo took away the first half of that trumpet solo in dry cleaner. They only played that on the premiere.

posted from the DrumScorps app

the trumpet solo was not as airy as I've heard it before...much better IMO

and yes I know the original source is VERY airy

5 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

To Liaahona:

SCV may, or may not, top Ninety-Nine Six-Two-Five.  But, you, may friend scored a PERFECT ONE HUNDRED tonight for the geat pictures.

A BIZILLION POINTS TO YOU TONIGHT!  I couldn’t make it to the show, but you helped make me feel close to the action.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is VERY kind.  Thank YOU from the bottom of my heart and thank you everyone ELSE that thanked me tonight.  I know what a boring show thread is like and if I'm at a show and my phone hasn't died from taking so many pics...it isn't going to be boring...haha

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, DAYGO said:

SCV takes brass.  Nice. 

As they should have tonight...I had them scored in first as well...BUT I was not on field..so my brass scoring was from box...

5 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Everyone rightly knows I am a homer for Bluecoats, but I couldn’t agree more. I’m not a judge, so my opinion matters nil, but to me these two shows are on different levels. 

Bluecoats WERE on another level tonight from Crown and I'm not a homer...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

What a BEAUTIFUL stadium and awesome crowd tonight!   :)

Looked for ya a souvie booth..oh well...