Chester Tour of Champions - August 01, 2018

8 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

I'm not sure we've ever seen this from BK before. They've been parked in neutral for a week. Seems highly improbable to conclude they have not improved their actual performance levels in that time. There's no reason to believe they are the one and only corps exempt from the natural rise in achievement that is natural for all corps as they progress through the season. Yet there they are . . . .

On further review, it looks like the same story for Phantom. The judges have simply stuck both corps on the side of the road for the past week.

At least one other corps (not at this event) has been suffering from this trend: Troopers scored 80.10 on 7/26, 78.11 on 7/28, and 77.95 on 7/30.

10 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Cavaliers are back in front of BAC! The battle for 5th is not over yet!

And that .05 win would drown with the use of the beach prop and the ending wave props.  Boston still topped the Cavies in GE and lost visual to them by only .35.

• Like 1

Just now, Ghost said:

And that .05 win would drown with the use of the beach prop and the ending wave props.  Boston still topped the Cavies in GE and lost visual to them by only .35.

To be fair, Cavies also didn’t use their tarps either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It seems like something was off with guard --- either a rough day or a rough judging night.  Either way, 6th place is out of the norm for BAC.  

Dust off & pick up again tomorrow!  Congrats to all the corps on what sounds like a rough field to march!

• Like 3

Just now, bluesman said:

Some might consider me to be a huge homer for Crown.  So when I say I don't understand how they are this close to Bluecoats it means that I'm completely and utterly confused by it.  Crown's show is a miss in my book, while Bluecoats has me amazed.

Everyone rightly knows I am a homer for Bluecoats, but I couldn’t agree more. I’m not a judge, so my opinion matters nil, but to me these two shows are on different levels. 

• Like 6

Just now, bluesman said:

Some might consider me to be a huge homer for Crown.  So when I say I don't understand how they are this close to Bluecoats it means that I'm completely and utterly confused by it.  Crown's show is a miss in my book, while Bluecoats has me amazed.

Agreed. Crown’s brass is amazeballs as usual, but I don’t get how they are staying as close as they are when visually it just isn’t getting done.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

The battle for 4th isn't over either. 

Absolutely!

This needs background music ... Insert *Whistling background* here :inlove:

• Like 1