Chester Tour of Champions - August 01, 2018

3 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

To be fair, Cavies also didn’t use their tarps either.

Wasn't aware of any issues with props since I just got back from softball.  But, I'll take the over on the Boston tarps worth at least a point more in scoring.

5 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

It seems like something was off with guard --- either a rough day or a rough judging night.  Either way, 6th place is out of the norm for BAC.  

Dust off & pick up again tomorrow!  Congrats to all the corps on what sounds like a rough field to march!

So is The Cavaliers in 7th behind Blue Stars last weekend.  The guard judging this year has been all over the map. 

I’d like to hear some judges’ tapes on Session 44. Someone here said, Oh there’s too much follow the leader again — to which I say BS. There’s almost NO follow the leader in this show. I get that Crown wows the judges with their tonal consistency, but that should t keep them this close to medaling. There is no way this should be considered one of the best three shows of the season.

• Like 6

Boston 5th in Guard tonite. We just have to trust the judges that Boston's Guard  either had a bad run,  or have not improved as much as the other 4 Guards did the last week.

8 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

It seems like something was off with guard --- either a rough day or a rough judging night.  Either way, 6th place is out of the norm for BAC.    

There's been discussion about one guard judges history, let's hope M. Turner doesn't get added to a similar thread. On the 29th, Boston beat all the other guards that competed tonight.  Maybe the story behind the story will be discussed soon.

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I’d like to hear some judges’ tapes on Session 44. Someone here said, Oh there’s too much follow the leader again — to which I say BS. There’s almost NO follow the leader in this show. I get that Crown wows the judges with their tonal consistency, but that should t keep them this close to medaling. There is no way this should be considered one of the best three shows of the season.

I beginning to think that it has something to do with the style of show Bluecoats is performing.  Their GE scores haven't kept pace with Devils or SCV.  

1 minute ago, bluesman said:

I beginning to think that it has something to do with the style of show Bluecoats is performing.  Their GE scores haven't kept pace with Devils or SCV.  

I guess you have to walk your percussion up to the front of the field and rattle through as many routines as possible in 30 seconds or your content just isn’t hard enough. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, tommynev said:

.  The guard judging this year has been all over the map. 

I'm not into conspiracy theories, or bias, so hats off to the Cadets Guard for topping Boston's Guard tonite. Never saw that coming in a million years... And it should motivate Boston's Guard at coming practices and shows down the stretch here. Boston's talented Guard is not accustomed to finishing 5th place in Guard. They are far, FAR, more talented than to be happy and to settle for 5th now. So I'm confident that this will motivate them here down the stretch to turn this around.,

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, Liahona said:

83 550 cad 2

85770 bk

87900 cad

90500 bac

90550 cav

92350 cc

93150 bc

95100 scv

posted from the DrumScorps app