Chester Tour of Champions - August 01, 2018

3 hours ago, nafstedac said:

Just got home from the show, WOW, what a great venue. Amazing shows. Not sure who is going to stop SCV they are incredible. 

two words

blue devils

edit: of course I don't believe it will happen...but you can never count BD out...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

Gaps between Crown and Bloo continue to close. And I assume you mean the battle for 5th. Agree the top four seam to be set. The battle for the final medal spot is still ongoing. 

CC delta behind BC at Nightbeat was 0.075

CC delta behind BC at Chester was   0.800

CC ave delta behind BC over the season is approximately 1.000

CC delta behind BC at the first show was 0.300

Edited by PamahoNow
consistency

4 hours ago, Liahona said:

She even said something about Boston needing shirts or something snarky like that...I didn't understand what she was trying to say and neither did Gino 

She probably doesn't like the bare chested male guard members.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1956OPR said:

I do not know who from the Regiment staff made nuisances of themselves among the audience tonight but you know who you are. On behalf of my corps, start showing some respect for the people who attend our shows and stop embarrassing our corps with your juvenile actions. We are trying to gather phans not turn them away.

When the day comes when the Regiment again is competitive for medals, we want the audience to rise and support us and not sit on their hands in silence because of memories generated by such disrespect.

It may have been Phantom staff last night, but tonight the same thing will happen at another show with either the same staff or another staff. Probably a matter of two things. One, a certain entitlement some staff at some corps feel. The second, staff see the show night after night, so it’s not new and not a one or two time event. Either way it’s rude, but aside from a special section for staff which would be a loss for show sponsors, there’s not much that can be done.

6 minutes ago, Tim K said:

It may have been Phantom staff last night, but tonight the same thing will happen at another show with either the same staff or another staff. Probably a matter of two things. One, a certain entitlement some staff at some corps feel. The second, staff see the show night after night, so it’s not new and not a one or two time event. Either way it’s rude, but aside from a special section for staff which would be a loss for show sponsors, there’s not much that can be done.

We experienced the rudeness from staff from BAC at a show in Texas,  they found empty seats in front of us and were very vocal and annoying.  But there is a solution.  Staff watching a show should blend in with the crowd, applauding when the crowd does and keeping quiet when the crowd is quiet.  There is no reason why they must applaud and yell when minor (but perhaps what the were wanting to see) things happen.  And yes, it was the guard staff in front of us.  "nice catch, xxx!" and "YES" shouted 50 times during an 11 minute show is disruptive to the customers in the stand.  This is something the administration of ALL corps need to teach their educational staff.  Being polite to the paying customers will bring rewards.  Take notes all you want, but blend into the crowd.  

No, we did not push back at them.  We were polite, and they disappeared after BAC performed. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ghost said:

She probably doesn't like the bare chested male guard members.

Guess she was never a fan of Right Said Fred.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, StarVoyager said:

Oh geez, one of those "entitled" people huh?  LOL, some people.....sooooooooooome people.....:sigh:

...a few on here as well!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

CC delta behind BC at Nightbeat was 0.075

CC delta behind BC at Chester was   0.800

CC ave delta behind BC over the season is approximately 1.000

CC delta behind BC at the first show was 0.300

For the past month there has been a spread of over 1 point. In the past week there was .075 and .8. The gap is narrowing and trending in Crowns favor. Now if they can only get rid of the bug and get all the members back on the field (including bass 3).

11 hours ago, pudding said:

They sound really good, in all sections. I'm a bit disappointed at they use the sideline timpani gimmick to excuse having no major front ensemble contribution for an extended period. Goo was mixed very well, could barely detect it.

posted from the DrumScorps app

They use it to open and close the show. Not a gimmick... part of the music and they are constantly contributing throughout the show and have one of the most beautiful moments of the year in the opening to If I Fall which they carry for the entire piece. Actually they are certainly one of, if no the, best front ensembles this year.

10 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I guess you have to walk your percussion up to the front of the field and rattle through as many routines as possible in 30 seconds or your content just isn’t hard enough. 

salt-shaker.jpg

• Haha 1