Buffalo (well, Orchard Park), NY - August 5, 2018

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Seriously considering this three-hour drive.

I was too. Really wanted to come up from Canton but I just have too much to catch-up on today.  Sadly I will not see all of the show in Massillon due to a big band performance from 7-8:30.  Hoping to arrive at the stadium by 9pm and catch the last 4 corps.  I've gone to the Buffalo show many times in previous years. It's a fun day trip. I usually hit Chautauqua Institute for a morning of walking by the lake, then lunch at Bemus Point (wings), and then off to Buffalo for the show and more wings after. It's not my most healthy eating day. 

• Like 1

Looking at the lineup I think maybe we can stop calling these TOC shows.  It's a DCI show...period.  And I honestly prefer it that way.  It was not wild about all the top 7 or 8 corps doing their "special" shows.  I like the lineup, and also like the Massillon lineup as well. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Looking at the lineup I think maybe we can stop calling these TOC shows.  It's a DCI show...period.  And I honestly prefer it that way.  It was not wild about all the top 7 or 8 corps doing their "special" shows.  I like the lineup, and also like the Massillon lineup as well. 

Yeah, I think it's time for the TOC moniker to go away. These shows can still be DCI-sponsored and include most of the major players, but the quality of drum corps has risen to the point where there's no longer a need for a "G7" series.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2

Blue Stars will be debuting their new closer tonight!!!!!! (since Allentown was a bust)

• Like 2

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Angry reacts only.  Wont get to see it now!

I feel you... we will just have to wait until Thursday! :crazy:

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Angry reacts only.  Wont get to see it now!

If I remember their closer well enough, I will post my thoughts on it in my review of tonight!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

I was too. Really wanted to come up from Canton but I just have too much to catch-up on today.  Sadly I will not see all of the show in Massillon due to a big band performance from 7-8:30.  Hoping to arrive at the stadium by 9pm and catch the last 4 corps.  I've gone to the Buffalo show many times in previous years. It's a fun day trip. I usually hit Chautauqua Institute for a morning of walking by the lake, then lunch at Bemus Point (wings), and then off to Buffalo for the show and more wings after. It's not my most healthy eating day. 

Alas, 'twas not meant to be tonight for me either. Too much to finish at work.

20 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That was so bad, it was funny. 

I still am afraid to use multicam and it's been 5 years now... was the stuff of nightmares 

With BD off practicing for days who wants to figure they pop a 96 or 97 and freak all the SCV fans out? :innocent:

• Like 5