Buffalo (well, Orchard Park), NY - August 5, 2018

Congrats BD! GO BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCIdad said:

Can you explain?

Simple...the performance fees are NOT evenly distributed...

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Addendum: the scores on Open Class sheets tended to be inflated by 15-20 points vs. what those corps would get on World Class sheets.

That's fair to note. But the question was, what was their highest score ever (without any qualifiers).

Just like asking, "What DCI corps has  had the most consecutive world championships?"

Finally home. Final thoughts:

Bloo's encore was amazing. So glad I got to hear The Boxer (the encore version) live for the first time.

Really wish SCV was there, but I get it.

Overall, a great night of live drum corps.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Yes, the electronics completely failed. I could tell because the brass line didn't sound totally amped up anymore.

As most of us have found ( Crown at Finals last season ), an electronics malfunction, even a major one as severe as one that Crown had last season at Finals that botched the solos completely, has little to no effect at all on the scores of any Corps that suffers this mistake in performance. Its apparently the only part of the show where judges are asked to pretend they heard the music, the solos, etc  played as INTENDED, not as actually PERFORMED  in competition. At least thats how I have heard it explained anyway this offseason from those that attended the DCI Corps Directors Winter meetings, as well as directives to and from the DCI Judging Steering Committee.  I can't  pretend to understand the rationale for this apparent " accident forgiveness " for electronic malfunctions with Corps in performance competition. Perhaps at this season's Winter Meetings, the Corps/ Judges will come up with a plausable and rationale explanation ( and then explain such in as press release ) for why forgiveness for major electronic malfunctions in competition is the way to go regarding judged Corps in competition.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BRASSO said:

As most of us have found ( Crown at Finals last season ), an electronics malfunction, even a major one as severe as one that Crown had last season at Finals that botched the solos completely, has no effect on the scores of any Corps that suffers this mistake in performance. Its apparently the only part of the show where judges are asked to pretend they heard it played as intended, not as actually performed in competition. At least thats how I have heard it explained anyway this offseason from those that attended the DCI Corps Directors Winter meetings, as well as directives to and from the DCI Judging Steering Committee.  I can't  pretend to understand the rationale for this apparent " accident forgiveness " for electronic malfunctions with Corps in performance competition. Perhaps at this season's Winter Meetings, the Corps/ Judges will come up with a plausable and rationale explanation for why forgiveness for electronic malfunctions in competition is the way to go regarding judged Corps in competition.

This is 100% not accurate. I'll just leave it at that. You were given incorrect information.

8 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Is 8th place still a financial target?

Edit: Maybe I am mistaken?  :cry:

Sorry if so.

Edited by Lead

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Can someone gives an fairly review of BD than only saying what you dont like... jeeeez over yeaes I get it now. Since someone who dont like the show much commented, can someone who actually like the show coment just to balance out the who comment on BD. Yes, ? No ?

What I posted on here was in no way trying to be that negative. In fact, BD almost always changes my mind when I see them live. I was just posting my gut reaction because I wanted to get off my phone ASAP. In retrospect, it's a really good show with a lot of great little details sprinkled throughout. Natural Woman was amazing as well.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Precious Roy said:

Mandarins highest score was a 97.8, in 2001.

I probably should have specified when I posted that tonight was the Mandarins highest score ever as a World Class corps.