Buffalo (well, Orchard Park), NY - August 5, 2018

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

What's been said here in the past was that all World Class corps are paid the same per-show rate, but their cut of DCI's "profit sharing" (as it were) varies depending on their longevity and success. Is that accurate? 

DCI has not paid any "profit sharing" for years.   Corps get Championship Pay if they make finals. Per-show rate is based on previous years finish.   I think 1-6 get most then 7-15 then 16-24. Corps get their per show rate for prelims and semi finals.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

What's been said here in the past was that all World Class corps are paid the same per-show rate, but their cut of DCI's "profit sharing" (as it were) varies depending on their longevity and success. Is that accurate? 

I'd rather not talk finances publicly as that might create a big controversy...All I will say is that other post was inaccurate...It is not evenly distributed...PERIOD.

Edited by Liahona

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I believe I am accurately conveying the arguments that were made last year in defense of Crown's musical analysis score. If someone wishes to make a different argument, I am all ears.

(It might be worth checking other cases. Bluecoats had microphone trouble for a few seconds at the very top of their 2016 Finals performance (for the clapping). They held on to third place in Music Analysis in Finals but lost half a tenth from Semis on the margin from the second place corps. Seems about right for a few seconds of clapping. SCV took a bigger hit when their keyboard soloist froze at the top of the 2015 Finals, dropping from 5th place and 0.2 behind 4th place in Music Analysis at Semis to 6th place and 0.4 behind 4th place at Finals.)

Just for clarification. I was not saying that YOU made that argument and was not accurate in reporting it...I was saying that THEIR argument was straw man.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Higgy said:

Each broadcast had it own set of problems, but I thought the Nightbeat broadcast was spectacular!!! Great sound and camera work. 

Thats 1 out of how many? We pay way too much for this substandard product.

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I think it's fine. Costs less than cable for a year.

Slightly more channel choice with cable. Just saying, when you compare FM to other streaming services, and there's a lot out there, its way below standard! If you're OK with mediocre thats fine, I'm not, we just don't have a choice if I want to watch DCI, except Twitch!

Edited by Freanz

14 hours ago, Liahona said:

What is wrong with this thread?...Is it that HARD to take pictures?...lol   /s

You can enjoy the show and just

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT

:biggrin:

I was going to, but I also wanted to soak in all the shows! Sorry! :/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I was going to, but I also wanted to soak in all the shows! Sorry! :/

yeah I get that...Last season I didn't do pics at Chester  to soak in...

This year I really just wanted to give back to those that could not attend...and to make a positive contribution to the activity...I was posting literally mid show...the pics were easier than typing reactions to shows in the middle..someone last two seasons ago asked me how I was doing it...haha..as they were at same show and realized my reactions were not on time delay.... :-)

Edited by Liahona

1 hour ago, Freanz said:

Slightly more channel choice with cable. Just saying, when you compare FM to other streaming services, and there's a lot out there, its way below standard! If you're OK with mediocre thats fine, I'm not, we just don't have a choice if I want to watch DCI, except Twitch!

You can watch other flo events. 

• Sad 1