Rome, NY - August 2, 2018

At Centerville, I thought Spirit's show was less good than it had seemed at various times on Flo (although I still preferred it to Academy's performance). Among other things, the doors look pretty cheap in person, and a couple of them weren't staying closed when they were apparently supposed to.

I watched The Academy practice for about two hours Tuesday night.  I was impressed with the attitude of the whole organization.  With everything I've been reading these last two months I have to say the Academy MM's are in very good hands.

• Like 3

Troopers almost back to the score they had seven days ago.

• Confused 3

13 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Any word on the new "soft ending" for the Blue Stars. Effective or ho-hum? 

One comment on it in the Blue Stars thread. Thumbs up from one poster who may be slightly biased. :)

21 minutes ago, cmhs59 said:

I watched The Academy practice for about two hours Tuesday night.  I was impressed with the attitude of the whole organization.  With everything I've been reading these last two months I have to say the Academy MM's are in very good hands.

They are in very good hands. Great leadership at the top. Not afraid to make changes when needed. The organization’s motto is “Building great people through great performances” and they mean it. 

1 hour ago, luv4corps said:

This Rome location is so great for drum corps.  On the OC parent page it is already posted that the kids love this tour stop most.  Organizations feed the kids.  Brass arcs and circles, drum lines, guard and pit rehearse on lawns and lots all over town.  The corps are totally supported by the locals.  Good old fashioned fun!

They cooked breakfast for The Academy today giving the food crew a chance to get some much needed sleep. Rome is my favorite show as a volunteer. They embrace and celebrate the corps that come each year. I fell sorry for anyone who ages out of dci if they never have the chance to experience everything that is the Rome show.

Edited by desertrat68
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I said a week ago that academy was my dark horse. Looks possible. 

Definitely possible, but based on the spread between those two corps and Madison Scouts, it’s not looking too good. (But of course we’ll see for sure this weekend)

posted from the DrumScorps app

41 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

One comment on it in the Blue Stars thread. Thumbs up from one poster who may be slightly biased. :)

What me, biased????  But I did like it.