That last finalist spot- who would you like to see one last time?

That coveted last finalist's spot  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What if the only criteria for this decision was based on "what corps show do you want to see again" regardless of flaws? Though judges on specific captions have to adhere to responding to the criteria for each specific sheet, what if it came down to simply picking the show you want to see again?

1 hour ago, DCIPhan78 said:

Why is Music City not an option?! That is who I want to see again at Finals but I guess I'll just have to wait until next year!!

It might not happen next year either...lol...but I have a feeling it will happen within the next 10 years. I think that's a reasonable time frame. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Capital Regiment :46_confounded:

I marched with a guy in college who marched with them... granted I am not really a big fan of this individual, he did tell me amazing stories that I know I could never tell. And an old friend was apart of their color guard that one season they came back.... I hope they make a return someday.

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I marched with a guy in college who marched with them... granted I am not really a big fan of this individual, he did tell me amazing stories that I know I could never tell. And an old friend was apart of their color guard that one season they came back.... I hope they make a return someday.

I dont see that happening with the stories I heard.  I;d like to see Glassmen comeback but don't have much faith there.

I voted Academy.  Its not the drum corpse bride fan favorite but i dig the concept and they are executing it better every performance.  They are getting close to that final spot and seem to have passed a peaking Spirit.

This was a tough one.  I voted Colts but could have gone for a number of corps.  I really, really enjoy the shows in the 10-16 position.  They are usually fan friendly and the kids enjoy the heck out of performing them.  I've watched Drum Corpse Bride at least 100 times ... can't say the same for Downside Up (even though Downside Up is amazing).

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I dont see that happening with the stories I heard.  I;d like to see Glassmen comeback but don't have much faith there.

I voted Academy.  Its not the drum corpse bride fan favorite but i dig the concept and they are executing it better every performance.  They are getting close to that final spot and seem to have passed a peaking Spirit.

Yeah, same here... but I am always hopeful! I don't like giving up faith!! 

I vote Madison.... hey, I am biased! Finals without the Madison Scouts is weird!

I really like the direction the Academy has taken this year, fielding a more serious show and having success with that.  They get my vote hands down.

Also, of all the drum corps ballads that dance around in my head.. I'm finding myself with a brain full of 'tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag...' 

Feed the Birds was a BEAUTIFUL ballad.  

Allentown could have really used those umbrellas tonight...

5 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Yeah, same here... but I am always hopeful! I don't like giving up faith!! 

I vote Madison.... hey, I am biased! Finals without the Madison Scouts is weird!

Ive been critical of the show based off of the Flo videos so I will atleast see it live on Friday but I dont think even seeing it live will give you that umph to say we need this again.  And when you think of the last 10 years it doesnt make Madison weird since they have been out a couple times.    Last 10 years the highest they've scored is 8th with 3 non finalst seasons.  I definitely started watching corps after Madisons strong years which theyve been a middle pack group my whole drum corps life.   

• Like 1

I voted Spirit, but after seeing Colts go for the first time in a while tonight, I'm fine with them as well.

Have Colts made finals before?