Massillon, Ohio - Tour of Champions: Monday, August 6, 2018

1 hour ago, mfrontz said:

so many positives for Crown, but why oh why is the most consistent hornlines over the past decade assisted with shotgun mics?

posted from the DrumScorps app

I really hate to say this because I've been trashing these field mics since I first noticed them. I had seats in Atlanta outside the 10 yard line, and the sound was atrocious. The corps that used field mics typically had amps positioned for the fringe seating like mine, and as much as I don't want to admit it, they really helped clarify what the corps was playing.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

Our final corps of the evening is the Bluecoats from Canton, Ohio. Their 2018 program is entitled "Session 44

Bird & Bela in B Flat
American Concerto
The Dry Cleaner from Des Moines
Pretty Saro
Home (from Congo Square)
God Bless the Child  

I feel bad for ANY corps that has to follow SCV this year...NO MATTER who they are...Even this wonderful program that I LOVE so much!

• Like 1

Mandarins dropped slightly (.2 pts) from last night, but BK dropped .85. The gap between them is only .15. However, PR shot up nearly 3 points in the Eerie show. Hold on to your seatbelts, it's going to be a wild ride in Indy. 

Edited by DCIdad
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, gak27 said:

JUepOD5.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

I may run out of likes tonight..so many GREAT photos! :-)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fanman said:

What are we thinking for SCV tonight? 96.75?

(I’m not there so this is wild and irresponsible speculation) ;) 

I'm waiting to be surprised by the SCORES from reading this discussion thread...so if scores announced I don't even know yet...lol

page 37..haha

GIVE THEM 100 and I won't care! :-)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCIdad said:

Mandarins dropped slightly (.2 pts) from last night, but BK dropped .85. The gap between them is only .15. However, PR shot up nearly 3 points in the Eerie show. Hold on to your seatbelts, it's going to be a wild ride in Indy. 

As at Atlanta, the judges could not make up their minds about BK GE. No other corps was given such widely divergent rankings. Has been a theme all year long; judges don't know what to think.