Massillon, Ohio - Tour of Champions: Monday, August 6, 2018

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

This is what you missed Monday.  I wish you could see a close up of the jazz singer.  She is just cute as a button and fits the show perfectly.  Best ever singer and best ever integration of a vocal into a drum corps show.

http://youtu.be/YM232pcvgC8

Meet Olivia...

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2018 at 7:44 PM, mfrontz said:

Rhythm in blue

pThtPFn.jpg

I see me!

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 7:46 PM, mfrontz said:

4SxS2wd.jpg

I see me again!

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 8:39 PM, FLBuzcut said:

Crossmen have decided to follow the crowd and remove their headgear. Boo.

Blame the Empire Statesmen.

23 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I saw the show in Buffalo, and not only was the singing fake/pre-recorded, each line was coming out of different speakers.

I was told by a corps member that the guys were miked, but maybe they sometimes use ore-recorded. 

22 hours ago, wvu80 said:

This is what you missed Monday.  I wish you could see a close up of the jazz singer.  She is just cute as a button and fits the show perfectly.  Best ever singer and best ever integration of a vocal into a drum corps show.

I think Bluecoats vocalist is incredibly talented (even more so than Crown last year), but I find myself focusing on her too much. Making the singers part of the drill for The Cadets is how I like to see vocals done 

10 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

fact remains that no other corps received such widely divergent rankings from those two judges.

Not surprising...after my first read the music program is great but much of the visual is muddled and lost up top.  A lot has to do with color selection because it simply does not read well against the field.

9 hours ago, Icer said:

I think Bluecoats vocalist is incredibly talented (even more so than Crown last year), but I find myself focusing on her too much.

Interesting you would say that, I don't think you're alone in that observation.

It's hard to imagine with 154 performers and all that movement and props going on in a 100 yard stage that we would focus in on little old Olivia but you're right.  For some reason you just can't take your eyes off her.

The staging is surely intentional the way she is surrounded by and carried around by corps members both stage right and then stage left.

Is the singer distracting or part of a brilliant drill design that draws the audience attention where the  designers point you?  You make the call.  :27_sunglasses:

22 hours ago, wvu80 said:

t's hard to imagine with 154 performers and all that movement and props going on in a 100 yard stage that we would focus in on little old Olivia but you're right.  For some reason you just can't take your eyes off her.

I'm just entertained by this because she's 18 and just graduated high school.