Massillon, Ohio - Tour of Champions: Monday, August 6, 2018

BAC pulling away from Cavies....not by much but .95

BAC 3rd in visual

BAC 2nd in Guard

KEEP WORKING IT!!!!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, craiga said:

I hear the gnashing of teeth in Fort Mill.

Those are RIB CAGES not TEETH....hehe

• Like 1

Way to go Mandarins!! I see you!!!! You guys and girls were on fire tonight. Love the added layers to your show! Can't wait to see what you have in store for prelims!

• Thanks 1

It's that delightful day when I don't have time to read or post much here because I need some sleep between attending Massillon today and getting a few hours in at work before driving to Michigan City for O.C. championships. So I'll try to return to this thread later in the week. It was a great evening. A couple quick thoughts:

1. I love how in Cavaliers' closer they have the guard step over the hornline, a reversal of a classic image of years gone by.

2. Don't sit on the side one 30-yard line for Bluecoats or Santa Clara Vanguard. Those were the only two corps who sounded notably out of balance from that position. In SCV's case, the corps sounded like a mallet section with occasional brass accompaniment.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, anacrusis said:

5th row, you say?

Please post a photo of your friend's face after the Mandarins' first hit for us to see. ????

I didn't see you post in time to take the pic, but it's EXACTLY what you would expect; his jaw nearly hit the ground!  Mandy's were great!:91_thumbsup:

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I think my seats are about ten rows down from the top on the side 1 thirty-yard line. I'll be wearing the Reading Buccaneers' tie-dye tee shirt from their 2014 show.

I'm really sorry I missed you!  I left the computer just after posting (two.5 hour drive) and once I got to the show the phone is shut OFF and for me, time is just meaningless.  It's all about being in the moment and enjoying the show.  :27_sunglasses:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DCIDADDIO said:

True. BD was the first to pop a 94, and SCV skipped over the 94's and went to a 95. I think if all goes well in Massillon...perhaps a 96.350 isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

Vanguard - 96.3

Ha!  Show off.  :laugh:

7 hours ago, Jplan72 said:

Have fun at the show tonight. The souvie area has been moved directly behind the will call at the front of the stadium.  Lines to get in should be interesting.

HUGE line at 7:30 for Will Call.  They delayed the start by 10 or 15 minutes which was perfect for me as I was able to get seated just as the USMC was about to take the field.  Man, did the crowd love them!  They got an extensive long standing ovation from a wildly appreciative Ohio crowd!

• Like 1