Cavies are in trouble

This time of year, it's about design. The guys are playing the heck out of this show. But the design is holding them back. The last movement is ... bleh. Perhaps Rufus Wainwright seemed like a good idea in December. But it dies in the field. Just too plodding. Five days to fix it...

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Any corps that makes finals has seven days to rehearse.

True. Guess I was excluding travel/random shows en route...

They have a lot to fix in the back 1/3. Wainwright doesn't sound like Cavies. Or drum corps for that matter. It's not working. Cadets might leap over them.

There is more than a 1.5 point difference between Cavaliers and Cadets right now. I don't see that happening. Honestly I enjoyed last year's Cavaliers show better and I just don't understand this show very much but the sky is not falling. They are still performing very well. It will be what it will be. BAC jumping over them is because they have a quality product. Cavaliers also have a quality product. Boston just seems to connect with the crowd a bit more. In all honesty, I enjoyed Boston more last season as well.

• Like 2

Actually, I love this post! I am not worried about them. Regardless of how they finish...  they are easily one of the best in drum corps history! Their history is one amazing one (buy and read the book by Colt Foutz!). I know that they will regroup, learn, and fight for another championship! 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

There is more than a 1.5 point difference between Cavaliers and Cadets right now. I don't see that happening. Honestly I enjoyed last year's Cavaliers show better and I just don't understand this show very much but the sky is not falling. They are still performing very well. It will be what it will be. BAC jumping over them is because they have a quality product. Cavaliers also have a quality product. Boston just seems to connect with the crowd a bit more. In all honesty, I enjoyed Boston more last season as well.

I thought the show was about the madness that a genius must endure as part of the nature of being a genius. And the carpets are the neuron connections the brain makes as part of the creative process, and the cages signify the mental imprisonment of being mad.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

Considering they were 9th in 2015, I’d say they are doing pretty darn good. I expect them to finish 6th, but that doesn’t concern me at all. Rarely does one not ascend the ranks without a slight fall one year.

Regiment rose from 8th in ‘98 to 3rd in 2005. Their only drop in placement during that streak was in 2004 when they dropped from 4th to 5th. Even though, I felt that show was superior to 2003 from a design and execution standpoint. They also fell in 2007, and I think that was one of their best designed shows ever, even better than 2008.

Recently, Vanguard ascended from 7th in 2010 to possibly 1st this year. The only year they dropped in placement was 2015, even though I felt that show was superior from a design and demand standpoint than 2012, 2013 or 2014.

It’s hard to continually climb. Sometimes, you need to go backwards a little bit to climb further. 

• Like 2

“In trouble”...? In trouble for what? In trouble implies that they are at risk of falling out of finals or something. At the end of the season they will be a top 6 (at the worst) drum corps. In an extremely competitive year from top to bottom, there is a lot to be proud of in terms of the Cavaliers. They have an extremely entertaining show.

• Like 2

Cavies are doing great and they'll be fine.  They have a lot to be proud of and their members work tremendously hard.  We all knew/know how competitive the top 12 are.  When it gets to top 6, it's literally splitting hairs.

• Like 1