Cavies are in trouble

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Now someone explain why they change colors at the end of the show.

The show progresses from black and white at the beginning to a full explosion of color by the end. Plus the corps song is "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, tommynev said:

The show progresses from black and white at the beginning to a full explosion of color by the end. Plus the corps song is "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".

More specifically, isn't the burst of color at the end supposed to represent the "creativity" portion of the show title?

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

More specifically, isn't the burst of color at the end supposed to represent the "creativity" portion of the show title?

Correct

13 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I’m just a parent and fan...so I have no information. But I’m wondering how much can be done this late in the game. It seems to me possibly the only thing to be done is to work on the members “selling” the ending. Don’t believe there’s enough time for any kind of rewrite. 

Take you back a few years.  When it became obvious in 1980 that we were stuck in 9th place, we added the additional time to the end of the show and laid down.  It wasn't much for our score, but it sure made the crowd love it all the more.  Releasing right on the second gun made it all the sweeter.

I will let the guard comment on why they all pointed at the judge's box at the end.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, pbeau said:

Well, either you're closing your eyes
To a situation you do not wish to acknowledge
Or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated
By the presence of a pool table in your community.
Ya got trouble, my friend, right here,

Do you notice just about every Corps name in the Top 12 rhymes with T?

Trouble with a capital "T" And that rhymes with "C" and that stands for Cavies!

Trouble with a capital "T" And that rhymes with "V" and that stands for Vanguard!

Trouble with a capital "T" And that rhymes with "B" and that stands for BAC!

Trouble with a capital "T" And that rhymes with "P" and that stands for Phantom!

And so on....Bloo, Blue Devils, Crossmen, Crown, Cadets, Blue Stars, BK

So the only Corps in the top 12 that doesn't have trouble is Mandarins

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Take you back a few years.  When it became obvious in 1980 that we were stuck in 9th place, we added the additional time to the end of the show and laid down.  it wasn't much for our score, but it sure made the crowd love it all the more.  Releasing right on the second gun made it all the sweeter.

Thanks! Great fun to watch.

Yay!  We're good again!

Oh no! We suck again!

Yay!  We're good again!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Take you back a few years.  When it became obvious in 1980 that we were stuck in 9th place, we added the additional time to the end of the show and laid down.  It wasn't much for our score, but it sure made the crowd love it all the more.  Releasing right on the second gun made it all the sweeter.

I will let the guard comment on why they all pointed at the judge's box at the end.

I guess you never thought they would take those marching keyboards out of storage and use them again 38 years later.