Cavies are in trouble

18 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

This was my thought when I saw the thread title. 

This is DCI World Class competition folks. Not some small off-beat circuit where there are only 6 corps competing and the Cavaliers are 6th with a bad show.  Go ask Phantom Regiment and Madison Scout fans how they'd feel being in 5th or 6th place. This is the Cavaliers best show since 2014. I really like the music. They started the season being close to Crown but ultimately were running 5th most of the season. Boston passing them in a few recent shows is not a reason to think they are in trouble. I do expect that Boston will beat them at Finals.  The Crusaders have a better show and are performing the heck out of it. It will be close.

Very true! The Cavies are performing very well! Boston's show does connect a bit better and for lack of a better word...it's "cute"...predictable and cute. The Cavies are more whimsical and ironic but its a very enjoyable watch. Its just that in 2018, there is a lot of talent on the turf. Cavies actually passed BAC last night albeit by .05, but up is still up! The 4 above the Cavies are just really, really good and the current number one....well they are just on another level completely imo. BD can honk, clean and add all they want...but I don't think there is any way that they can beat Santa Clara...just too much sound, action, talent, music...EVERYTHING!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, DCIDADDIO said:

Very true! The Cavies are performing very well! Boston's show does connect a bit better and for lack of a better word...it's "cute"...predictable and cute. The Cavies are more whimsical and ironic but its a very enjoyable watch. Its just that in 2018, there is a lot of talent on the turf. Cavies actually passed BAC last night albeit by .05, but up is still up! The 4 above the Cavies are just really, really good and the current number one....well they are just on another level completely imo. BD can honk, clean and add all they want...but I don't think there is any way that they can beat Santa Clara...just too much sound, action, talent, music...EVERYTHING!

Wait, what? 

1 hour ago, c.l. said:

Wait, what? 

You know, I'm sure I could be described BAC in other ways prior to that, but now I can only think of the show as "predictable and cute." 

As awkward as the wording is, it's not too far off from the feeling I have from the show. And thats not necessarily a bad thing  

• Sad 1