Flo Guy FIRED for Sexist Remarks

57 minutes ago, tedrick said:

I feel sorry for the guy -

we are all one mis-statement away from the same thing -

that being said, the gyst of what he said... was dumb - to believe that guys can work harder in a short time is illogical.

I was thinking the Dragnet theme, except spell it dumb de dumb dumb... 

No such thing as bad publicity !! And we all know it fake news anyways. I’m sure it’s just some kind of conspiracy ???

• Haha 1

I'm watching the video right now (its still on periscope, but scrubbed from their twitter feed).  Convo starts around 6:50.

W: (about Cavalier's finals performance) They have something a little extra to pull out of the hat.  There's sometimes an extra rabbit, or maybe the rabbit has an extra foot.

M: Yeah something with the all male core, you can push them, because, uh, its all male.  Its not that, uh, I'm tryin to think of a way to say it.

W: M hmmmm uh huh?

M: You can push them with direct, clear information, because they're all male?  I dunno (face turns red, gets very squirmy).  Its a different kind of thing.

W: (Laughs) I'm calling shenanigans.  (Inaudibile) of sexism there, Jeremy.

M: (Laughs nervously). I don't know a way to explain it.  I taught the Madison Scouts for years, and I dunno, I dunno how to explain it.  So, they'll come out all crankin, all males.  (Face is now a tomato)

W:  I'm just gonna say that the core has deep rich history and expert designers, and sometimes they like to throw in a surprise in.  Its not unusual to get a little cherry on top of the sundae with these top corps in finals week and we can I think we can believe that maybe gender does not play a role in that.  Moving right along (laughing).....

There are 2 problems-- 1 the guy has some clearly sexist ideas about work ethic, and he did not back down at all during the course of that show.  2. Both commentators are winging it and not at all comfortable doing so.  This results in some very stupid comments.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fracker said:

M: You can push them with direct, clear information, because they're all male?  I dunno (face turns red, gets very squirmy).  Its a different kind of thing.

Sent him to a women's prison

• Like 1
  • Haha 2